LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 05:11 PM

God is primarily interested in our spiritual well being. That isn't always the same as our physical well being.
  • tractorgarden and Kmac1 have said thanks

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Yes I'm glad for lower gas prices. I'd like to see the price of oil settle at a point where the drillers can make a decent living without the consumer being gouged. The last time I was in Sioux Falls I filled up at $1.63 a gallon. $25.00 for a tank full was nice but I don't like to see hard working Americans put out of work just to save a Buck! 

• GTTinkerer, LilysDad and Kmac1 have said thanks

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 04:49 PM

Yes I'm glad for lower gas prices. I'd like to see the price of oil settle at a point where the drillers can make a decent living without the consumer being gouged. The last time I was in Sioux Falls I filled up at $1.63 a gallon. $25.00 for a tank full was nice but I don't like to see hard working Americans put out of work just to save a Buck!

The hard working Americans that make a good wage aren't affected. It's the hard workers you barely make enough to live on that suffer. I sure hate 60 to 80 dollar fill ups but it doesn't break me. A guy bring home 500 a pay suffers bad.
  • Cvans and Kmac1 have said thanks

#19 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 10:18 AM

I like cheap gas, but this cheap gas is a direct result of Saudi Arabia, our great ally (insert rolleyes here), cutting oil prices in order to drive western companies out of business, so they can go back to $125 a barrell. They are running out of oil and in 30-40 years will have little left to sell, so they are desperate to make all they can now. We on the other hand, have hundreds if not thousands of years of reserves and won't need their oil. In the long run, it won't matter, we'll outlast them, but in the short term it will cost us many jobs and billions of $$.

• GTTinkerer and Kmac1 have said thanks

#20 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 10:33 AM

Is anyone besides me happy about gas at $1.83? I just keep expecting any day it will go up a buck.

I'm thrilled!!!!!

I'm paying $1.69 :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :rocker2: :rocker2:  :firejumper: :firejumper: :beerchug: :big_hug:  :peace:

#21 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 10:53 AM

It seems to me that oil/gas is way out dated, there are way better engine designs that use no fuel and no one will allow them. Going into the oil business now is like investing in typewriters when computers were coming out. The planet is using less oil which is a GREAT thing!, anymore with the fracking and horizontal drilling. It's ruining EVERYTHING, not even talking about the pollution cause from drilling the oil to refining the oil into gas/diesel and then burning the fuel. But the earthquakes along are going destroy the country.

I'm sorry to see people get laid off, but sometimes it happens, there are hundreds a year here in KS that get laid off from the airplane factories and no once notices.

I also can't afford paying $3.50+ for my gas and now I'm paying $1.69, it's like I have this huge piece of my paycheck back which has helped me out a lot.

:peace:

Edited by BTS, January 25, 2015 - 10:05 PM.

#22 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 05:44 PM

It seems to me that oil/gas is way out dated, there are way better engine designs that use no fuel and no one will allow them. Going into the oil businessmen now is like investing in typewriters when computers were coming out. The planet is using less oil which is a GREAT thing!, anymore with the fracking and horizontal drilling. It's ruining EVERYTHING, not even talking about the pollution cause from drilling the oil to refining the oil into gas/diesel and then burning the fuel. But the earthquakes along are going destroy the country.

I'm sorry to see people get laid off, but sometimes it happens, there are hundreds a year here in KS that get laid off from the airplane factories and no once notices.

I also can't afford paying $3.50+ for my gas and now I'm paying $1.69, it's like I have this huge piece of my paycheck back which has helped me out a lot.

--------------------

So how big a battery pack are you putting in that VW?

--------------------

My youngest son is on a rig in south eastern Ohio and the company is putting a new rig in their fleet in the next couple of weeks.  The companies the company works for are telling the crews that they can last quite awhile before they will start ramping down operations.

Edited by GTTinkerer, January 25, 2015 - 05:46 PM.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#23 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:19 PM

I agree I hate hearing about people loseing there jobs but. I can't go on paying 3.70 for gas . I drive a semi for a living and I was spending 500 a day to fill it that's 2500 a week in fuel and now it cost me 300 a day so now I'm saving a grand a week and I drive for a small company they have 40 trucks on the road

#24 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:40 PM

It seems to me that oil/gas is way out dated, there are way better engine designs that use no fuel and no one will allow them. Going into the oil businessmen now is like investing in typewriters when computers were coming out. The planet is using less oil which is a GREAT thing!, anymore with the fracking and horizontal drilling. It's ruining EVERYTHING, not even talking about the pollution cause from drilling the oil to refining the oil into gas/diesel and then burning the fuel. But the earthquakes along are going destroy the country.

:peace:

They have a car that runs on water and they won't let them make it man.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but the technology isnt there yet. We have battery powered cars that have small ranges. It's not there yet. Unless the conspiracy theorist are right and the government hides tech

I really hate to think of gas engines being gone. Think of our tractors that we can no longer use :-( classic cars. Oh man.

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 25, 2015 - 06:42 PM.

• GTTinkerer and Kmac1 have said thanks

#25 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I'm getting me one of those windmill powered cars, my only worry is avoiding Don Quixote.
Now back to reality...

Edited by toppop52, January 25, 2015 - 07:01 PM.

• GTTinkerer, toomanytoys84 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#26 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 11:20 PM

If I had a chance to swap out engines in my VW's I would in a second! I've been wanting to put a 40hp Kubota diesel engine in a bug and I'm sure it will get incredible millage!. I would also love a MYT engine in a bug/bus.

Electric cars aren't there yet, although they are getting closer on them.

Here is a link http://www.angellabsllc.com/index.html to MYT (massive yet tinny) engines, they run on just about nothing and he is designing them to run on air.

He has had this technology for a long time and no one in the USA will use his idea. He was wanting this to be a American made engine so it would make more jobs but at last the US didn't want it, so he is going to sell it to other countries.

Here is a article done on the MYT engines. http://pesn.com/2009..._to_Production/

Russia stole the MYT engine design and they now call it their own. They already have the engines in some cars.

I am sure there are also lots and lots of other engine designs out there.

The first (commercially made) internal combustion engine was made in 1859 making it 156 years old. I think it's time to rethink the "engine" and come up with something new.

I don't want to start anything, this is just my opinion :peace:

• Alc said thank you

#27 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 08:27 AM

I think they should phase out all foreign oil before they start cutting back on US production.
  • Alc, GTTinkerer and Kmac1 have said thanks

#28 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 08:33 AM

Internal combustion engines will go away when something better comes along, it hasn't.

• GTTinkerer, toomanytoys84 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#29 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 05:15 PM

Internal combustion engines will go away when something better comes along, it hasn't.

Until something better comes along we need oil. I been thinking about how many products we use in our daily lives that are petroleum based, made from, made by, made with. Then I decided it would be easier make a list of what is not made from, by, or with. I'm still working on that list
  • GTTinkerer said thank you