• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 11:36 PM

I finished my 21 day hitch in west Texas and went home on the 7th of January. I had been hearing that lay offs were coming and that one man had been assigned the task of making the phone calls. I arrived home late evening on the Wednesday the 7th. No phone call had come my way. Saturday Jan 10th I was in the barn working on a 2002 Z-28 for my future son-in-law when my phone rang, out of habit I looked to see who was calling and you guessed it, it was the man with the ax. I answered the phone and Chris asked how I was doing and I replied ok until now. He knew what I meant and was quick to say that he was calling in regards to my relief and asked what I thought of him. I told chris that I had not worked behind him yet so I could not give an honest opinion. He said he was on his way out to the rig to let him go because he was having some issues with the mud and the co men. I had to know for peace of mind about my job so I asked him and he said that both company men and the manager for the operator had all requested I be left on that rig and that I need not worry about my job. The company I work for laid off 133 employees, both field and office personell. We have 77 employees left. I don't know how long this slowdown will last, but the rig I am on now is going to drill 3 more holes, with 15 more pending. If we get all 18 holes to drill that will give me 26-30 months and by then everything should be back to going full swing. I believe that God has blessed me in so many ways the last few years so I will continue to pray give him all the glory. Thanks for letting me comment. Willie
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 18 others have said thanks

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 12:01 AM

It is always sad to here of anyone getting a lay off! But I am glad to here you where not one of them!

Good luck to you and everyone else in the future.

• boyscout862 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 12:08 AM

It was sure nice to hear that your needed and still employed. Your strong faith will carry you through. 

• Kmac1 said thank you

#4 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:00 AM

I finished my 21 day hitch in west Texas and went home on the 7th of January. I had been hearing that lay offs were coming and that one man had been assigned the task of making the phone calls. I arrived home late evening on the Wednesday the 7th. No phone call had come my way. Saturday Jan 10th I was in the barn working on a 2002 Z-28 for my future son-in-law when my phone rang, out of habit I looked to see who was calling and you guessed it, it was the man with the ax. I answered the phone and Chris asked how I was doing and I replied ok until now. He knew what I meant and was quick to say that he was calling in regards to my relief and asked what I thought of him. I told chris that I had not worked behind him yet so I could not give an honest opinion. He said he was on his way out to the rig to let him go because he was having some issues with the mud and the co men. I had to know for peace of mind about my job so I asked him and he said that both company men and the manager for the operator had all requested I be left on that rig and that I need not worry about my job. The company I work for laid off 133 employees, both field and office personell. We have 77 employees left. I don't know how long this slowdown will last, but the rig I am on now is going to drill 3 more holes, with 15 more pending. If we get all 18 holes to drill that will give me 26-30 months and by then everything should be back to going full swing. I believe that God has blessed me in so many ways the last few years so I will continue to pray give him all the glory. Thanks for letting me comment. Willie

I am in the same boat as you; Just smaller scale. I work in CNG ,It will be a tough year, worked outside with the President of the company yesterday.  Him and I will be doing a lot more of  the site work ourselves, We are going to ride out the storm. God has also blessed me so much that I am awe struck. Good Luck! Keep praying!  Shawn 

• Alc, Username, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:17 AM

Wish you luck getting all the wells to drill . I was laid off for many months back in 1982 so I know it gets very stressful  , Al

• Kmac1 said thank you

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 06:27 AM

It is always sad to here of anyone getting a lay off! But I am glad to here you where not one of them!

Good luck to you and everyone else in the future.

Same thoughts from here on this, Willie! Been through some layoffs myself!

• Kmac1 said thank you

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:00 AM

I too, was just informed on Wednesday that I'll need to sign up for unemployment on February 2nd. Our line of construction has gotten really slow lately, so (1) office personnel and (2) installers have to be left go. At least this time it will be a full layoff and not a partial like it was before. I hope I don't drive Kathy nuts by being home all of the time.  :(

• tractorgarden, sacsr, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#8 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,518 Thanks
  • 3,394 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:17 AM

Saudi Arabia is doing it's best to kill the American energy inititive, some how we have to not give in, even if it requires more regulation and removing oil from the speculation market. We can live without their oil, they can't live without our protection and food.

• GTTinkerer, tractorgarden, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#9 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:33 AM

Saudi Arabia is doing it's best to kill the American energy inititive, some how we have to not give in, even if it requires more regulation and removing oil from the speculation market. We can live without their oil, they can't live without our protection and food.

We don't want energy independence in this country.

• GTTinkerer, tractorgarden, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 08:32 AM

Willie, it's great to read your position is solid. It'll keep that Camaro project going, which we've seen no pics of.
  • Cvans and Kmac1 have said thanks

#11 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 12:25 PM

I want to thank everyone for their ecouraging words and postive thoughts. I know when I include God in my daily life, things happen according to his will. When I don't include him I think about a phrase I coined years ago. "i have to try twice as hard to be half as good as everyone else" at least it seems that way without God. Thanks again Willie
  • Texas Deere and Horse, tractorgarden and sacsr have said thanks

#12 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 12:29 PM

Willie, it's great to read your position is solid. It'll keep that Camaro project going, which we've seen no pics of.

I finished the camaro and he drove it for a couple of weeks, then one day coming off the interstate he said it back fired and you could hear it pop thru the intake. I pulled the intake off and sure enough #7 intake gasket was bad. will put it back together when I get home. I have pics on my camera at home I will post them. Thanks for you kind words.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#13 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 12:54 PM

Glad to see you avoided the axe.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#14 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,686 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:43 PM

Is anyone besides me happy about gas at $1.83? I just keep expecting any day it will go up a buck.
  • tractorgarden, BTS and Kmac1 have said thanks

#15 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:53 PM

Willie, Thru GOD ALL things can be Accomplished!! Stay strong in your Faith and everything will work out. Remember that GOD doesn't always do things in Our time frame, but in his. GREAT news about your position being kept on.

• sacsr, shorty and Kmac1 have said thanks