• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:53 AM

You should have had that thing in Buffalo a month ago.

I have several factory sales brochures for a Power Ho if you want them for free.I also have one for a Handi Ho and two for a Gardener.

I would take anything you have for literature on them. Are you guys going to make PA Plow Day this year?

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:57 AM

George:

Brian has already said most of the things I was going to say.

The belt that broke was on the tractor for the several years I used it for snow.  ....The spare belt I had is still tied to the handle in your pic.  ......Both of these belts are more than 30 years old.  .....There is no doubt today's Kevlar-reinforced belts are stronger.

....The belt size is 5/8" x 57".

Another thing to check is the pulley groove for coarse rust which acts as an abrasive against the belt.

Yes, the engine pulley is adjustable, but it's probably rusted together since it was probably never changed since the tractor was new.

As Brian said, if the engine is running well, the tires will spin before the engine will stall.

The hood & grille help to keep wet snow from shorting-out the sparkplug.

Thanks Bruce. I plan on putting the hood back on now that it is running. Once we had it running my daughter was eager to plow and it was getting late.  I will tinker with the pulley and the nut this weekend and see if I can get it working. I have a belt from the Wizard I got from Brian which I will use on the Power Ho and get a couple more for spares and one to put on the Wizard.

#18 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 08:32 AM

I would take anything you have for literature on them. Are you guys going to make PA Plow Day this year?

Not sure at this time.Get me your address and I can send them out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, power ho