#16 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 10:50 AM

well, twentyfive years ago, we had a radio and a tv and a car and life was great, too - without internet.

on the other side - no internet means no gtt - so life is more interesting now! maybe, in twenty five years, I'll have an ipad, too

Yea,I dont even own a cell phone..never sent a text in my life..LOL,I dont see e using this IPad much at all.

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 11:29 AM

Auburn , I'll bet your not as lost as me--My wife got me a tablet for Christmas,nice thought but I asked her what it did and she said the same as my lap top-OK-

I got it to turn on and not much more.My big fingers don't like the touch pad and after several attempts I finally got it to get on line then tried to close some windows my crooked fingers opened about 10 more that's when I yelled at it to do an obscene act on me and it took me to some XXX site,I guess it has voice command also.That was the end of that,turned it off and put it back in the box---I'll stick with my laptop for now.

Reminds me of that scene in Wild Hogs where the geek was trying to impress the chick in the coffee house and use the voice recognition. I've forgotten what he asked for but it wasn't what he got! :bigrofl:

• Trav1s and Auburn David have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 03:54 PM

well, twentyfive years ago, we had a radio and a tv and a car and life was great, too - without internet.

on the other side - no internet means no gtt - so life is more interesting now! maybe, in twenty five years, I'll have an ipad, too

I'm waiting for the holographic IPad, so I can ride on the other member's tractors.
  • jd.rasentrac, Bill 76 and Auburn David have said thanks

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Lil's Dad....would that work for women then too?  Hmmm!  OH, better not post this...woops...hit button!

• LilysDad, Bill 76, Coventry Plumber and 1 other said thanks

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 06:43 PM

Yea,I dont even own a cell phone..never sent a text in my life..LOL,I dont see e using this IPad much at all.

Really, once you get a little bit used to it... it's nice.

It's what I do 99% of my GTTalk stuff on (including Moderations)

• Auburn David said thank you

#21 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 04:27 PM

I do texting on my old flip-phone all the time. A little harder using the numbers key board and takes awhile for me to put out a message.   Newer phones have better keyboards and can go lots quicker. Heck, I don't even know how to run a reg PC that well, but still do. I hate my Wife's laptop, diff ways to do things. She uses smart-phone now for almost everything, and laptop stays in case. I hate when every year a new system or procedure comes along and you have to Re-train to be able to use it. THAT's what I don't like!

• KennyP and Auburn David have said thanks

#22 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 05:45 PM

I gave up on the Ipad..I couldnt see it for one,and my fingers are too big..so I gave it back to her..she is using it daily now...LOL

Edited by Auburn, January 26, 2015 - 09:14 PM.

• Bill 76 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 09:27 PM

They have those little pen like pointers for puter use and small places.  I have that on my Kindle, a little better, and I have small hands!  I suggest you "play" with it a little and it will win you over. Hmmm! Kinda like dating then isn't it?

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#24 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 09:43 PM

They have those little pen like pointers for puter use and small places.  I have that on my Kindle, a little better, and I have small hands!  I suggest you "play" with it a little and it will win you over. Hmmm! Kinda like dating then isn't it?

Naaa I am done with it..was a rocky romance and we broke up..but the wife is happy!!!!

• KennyP said thank you

#25 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 01:57 PM

I gave up on the Ipad..I couldnt see it for one,and my fingers are too big..so I gave it back to her..she is using it daily now...LOL

That reminded me of the Simpsons,,,  Where Homer bought Marge a bowling ball that said Homer on it...Guess who use's it.???

#26 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 02:06 PM

I too just bought a Samsung galaxy note pro...  It is nothing like my desk top and an all new learning curve... This droid and wifi thing is sometimes more than I can compute...  ( which isn't hard to do )   You touch it in the wrong place and you end up in an entirely new web site,, and then try to get back to where you were...I have put it down many times out of frustration    Just keep at it,,  Win. 8.1  was--is still a learning curve to me....

#27 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 02:12 PM

I too just bought a Samsung galaxy note pro...  It is nothing like my desk top and an all new learning curve... This droid and wifi thing is sometimes more than I can compute...  ( which isn't hard to do )   You touch it in the wrong place and you end up in an entirely new web site,, and then try to get back to where you were...I have put it down many times out of frustration    Just keep at it,,  Win. 8.1  was--is still a learning curve to me....

I am testing Windows 10 right now..I must say I like it.I hated 8.

#28 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 04:03 PM

I want a Galaxy Note 4. Not sure why. I'm sure it will be more than I will ever use on it really.  I liked the idea of getting to draw on it with "ideas" that might pop-up in this brain, so I could scratch them down to save. Maybe not that easy, not sure. I like you can choose drawing tools, sizes and colors even if you wish to get fancy. 

Aub, how does one get Windows 10 to "test"?   I see places still trying to sell Windows 7 puters instead of 8's. Have seen nothing yet on buying 10, just hints of it. SO, where you get yours?   Just asking also if any old programs are gonna run on it, or is it all new needed? 

#29 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 10:57 AM

Someone gave me a Dumbies guide to minis for Christmas.Now I can sit with a IPAD in one hand and a paperback book in the other.

Edited by LilysDad, January 30, 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#30 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted January 30, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I have a tablet that I really like. It will not replace my desktop though.

• Auburn David said thank you