#1 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 10:48 AM

I am curious as to if anyone has a blade like this and how well it works. I assume it is for a cub cadet. The way it seems to hookup makes me think that the blade would sway side to side.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01826.JPG
  • DSC01828.JPG
  • DSC01830.JPG
  • DSC01833.JPG
  • DSC01834.JPG

• rustyoldjunk and T Guiles have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,533 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 11:04 AM

The plows for my Ford LGT125 and my Snapper 1600 are along the same idea. There is a bracket that mounts on the front of the tractor frame that keeps the plow from swaying. Good Luck, Rick

• rustyoldjunk and Traill95 have said thanks

#3 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 11:44 AM

The 990 MTD uses a similar setup and as Boyscout said,there is a bracket that mounts to the front of the tractor that keeps the plow from swaying side to side.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, January 22, 2015 - 11:44 AM.

• Traill95 said thank you

#4 Tony McD OFFLINE  

Tony McD
  • Member No: 66731
  • 21 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 11:46 AM

I had an old 80's Yardman tractor with snow blade that hooked up like this one.

Didn't have problems with it swinging side to side, but it hung down pretty low.

If the rear wheels should spin it would high center and get stuck.

Ended up making a box scraper out of it.

• Gtractor, CRFarnsworth, Cat385B and 1 other said thanks

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,607 Thanks
  • 3,909 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 01:06 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Tony!  Gald you found us.  :wave:

There is an introduction thread if you'd like to tell us a little about yourself and what tractors you have or would like to own. 

http://gardentractor...-introductions/

#6 Tony McD OFFLINE  

Tony McD
  • Member No: 66731
  • 21 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Kris...I'll run over there :)

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,651 Thanks
  • 6,468 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Tony, some brands are similar. I was thinking that might be an MTD blade, yet looks to heavy at swivel end. Notice that there is a bolted up section in middle. I have at times taken these type blades and un-bolted there and cut off the rear or front metals and re-drilled holes for the bolts and put back together. Reason for that is at times the blade is too long and will stick out past the tractor too much in front, not good.  And yes on front of frame is usually either two angles or channels that that metal goes between or some have a metal look that goes up a ways that it passes thru and that is the guide. There are diff ways for lifts to connect also, not sure what is needed on this one. You can also adjust the height of the rear mount that goes to your ball mount in back. You might not need to drop down like this one would, or maybe less or more and can remove or add pieces there to adjust and level the blade for what tractor you put it on. Looks like nice heavy blade. What brand tractor did you want to mount it too?

• Traill95 and Tony McD have said thanks

#8 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 07:44 PM

Tony, some brands are similar. I was thinking that might be an MTD blade, yet looks to heavy at swivel end. Notice that there is a bolted up section in middle. I have at times taken these type blades and un-bolted there and cut off the rear or front metals and re-drilled holes for the bolts and put back together. Reason for that is at times the blade is too long and will stick out past the tractor too much in front, not good.  And yes on front of frame is usually either two angles or channels that that metal goes between or some have a metal look that goes up a ways that it passes thru and that is the guide. There are diff ways for lifts to connect also, not sure what is needed on this one. You can also adjust the height of the rear mount that goes to your ball mount in back. You might not need to drop down like this one would, or maybe less or more and can remove or add pieces there to adjust and level the blade for what tractor you put it on. Looks like nice heavy blade. What brand tractor did you want to mount it too?

I got it for a friend to put on his cub cadet.

Trace

Edited by Traill95, January 22, 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#9 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,651 Thanks
  • 6,468 posts

Posted January 22, 2015 - 09:34 PM

Most cub blades are lighter, have two medium length arms of flat-stock that hook back on a rod accross chassis, think where the foot pedals mount. THEN have a quick attach front section to hook and pin on front of the grill area. Forget how the lift hooks on?? Only thing to know in it's case is Wide frame or Narrow frame for the width of the arms to chassis. Might make this work, but seems to be heavy for a Cub and not as easy to mount/remove as a stock blade then. I'm sure you would have to shorten that main channel.  Cub blades not hard to find.