#16 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 06:06 PM

I am a Moderator for one of the largest weather sites in the world,and I can say no site is immune to these types.

BTW,thats why I am always online...LOL

• olcowhand, sacsr and johnwesley have said thanks

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Nice  catch Scott and thanks for pointing this out to us.  :thumbs:

• sacsr and Auburn David have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hmmmm. . . . I've got a bat autographed by Babe Ruth I'll trade for that Bolens seat.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:28 PM

The "member"'s name is ttdeere. He is being flagged as a spammer and banned from the site.
In light of current information, Anyone who rcvd a PM from this member should consider it suspect.

#20 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:30 PM

Thank you Alan and the rest of the mods! The work you folks do often goes without thanks. Well, just know it is very appreciated!
  • limebuzz, MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:36 PM

Thank you for the heads up. On a side note, I hate things like this. I was just discussing something like this with the wife last night and how it drives me crazy that people would do such things.
  • MH81 said thank you

#22 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:50 PM

I think this is a scam too as he was selling a Bolens seat. He couldn't send me a photo of it and wanted $400. I have not followed this up.

If I had a bolens seat I would give it to you
  • MH81 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#23 JakeKuhn OFFLINE  

JakeKuhn

Wheel Horse Addict

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 9298
  • 183 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:51 PM

I Got one too for my posts for kohler parts and just ignored it.

Sent January 12, 2015 - 08:18 AM

Hello,

I have a lead for you. Please contact Fred on fredquinton400@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in the FL,USA and can arrange delivery. I purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell phone number is (904) 373-1755.

Thanks and a Happy New Year

Edited by JakeKuhn, January 21, 2015 - 07:51 PM.

• MH81 and sacsr have said thanks

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 08:07 PM

His account has been banned and flagged as a spammer. The one nice thing about IPB forum software is they have a spam service and when someone is flagged as a spammer on one site it is a mark against them in their database and after so many their accounts won't even register.

One thing we are changing though in light of this is we are going to set new members which are people who register and validate their account by clicking the link in the email that is sent to not have pm privileges. Once they make one approved forum post they will then be moved to the member group which does have pm privileges. 

It still won't weed out all of it but every little bit helps. Please if you ever have something sent to you through the site that seems off please let someone on staff know so we can look in to it.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 12 others have said thanks

#25 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 08:21 PM

Guess I look like an easy target. :D   Remember I had the guy who called me off the LGT magazine ad and tried to scam me for the freight......some how getting a nice tractor and his only concern is for the $250 freight just did not sit right.

I knew in this case it was not an actual member, but wanted to post it, because I figured if I got it, someone else would get it as well. These guys are equal opportunity scammers. They like us all, especially if we get hooked into their game.

If you want an idea of what George and his team go through.....look up your profile or an members name....then hit the "new content" button - I have done it by mistake a few times....all the weird names that show up (obviously someone pinging the site) is ridiculous.

Thanks to all the moderators for keeping this site clean and the bad guys out 99.99% of the time. :rocker2:

Edited by sacsr, January 21, 2015 - 08:22 PM.

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, MH81 and 5 others have said thanks

#26 TimW OFFLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 10:10 PM

One thing I have noticed and found to be a pattern, is the ambiguity or lack or specifics in any reply.  I get these all the time as I am sure others do.  The will always respond to your ad as "the item" or "regarding your listing".  If I read the response right, it was more or less a well written generic response to about anything.  I myself am not the best communicator, but I would not deserve or expect a reply if that was the best I could do.  Once the fishy meter activates, it is our minds screaming "watch out".  My appreciation also to the high quality of administration on this site.  If you ever notice the scam car ads on CL, they always seem to use weird language and want some bizarre amount like $2347 or something.  I have often wandered if it isn't some a**hole in some hut somewhere using a monetary conversion program and entering 10,000 Mirobia Peso's or something. 

• MH81, Alc, KennyP and 1 other said thanks