• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 09:46 AM

Dlang 94 is correct , fenders , creeper , and headlights were all options as is a rear lift . All options are somewhat rare and most originals didn't have fenders .

When the cub dealers sold the Original you bought the basic tractor and then you could buy additional options like headlights and fenders which the dealer installed . You even had to purchase  the mower decks as an extra .

Your fortunate to find one with the original oil bath , pan seat ,  IH grill emblem and deck as these tend to get lost or broken after all these years .

The hood emblem (bird) comes up on ebay all the time and shouldn't be a problem to find , they also used that bird on some of there full sized tractors .

#17 dlang94 OFFLINE  

dlang94
  • Member No: 63471
  • 227 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 12:26 PM

The previous owner for my original changed the throttle cable so that it runs directly to the carb. I would like to change it back so it attachs to the governor and am trying to find a throttle cable if anyone has any information on the part number or where to get one.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,628 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 05:23 PM

I am not positive, but I think that is an IH-376297-R91.

• dlang94 said thank you

#19 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted June 16, 2015 - 09:50 PM

I am not positive, but I think that is an IH-376297-R91.

That's the one Kenny.  That's the cable and lever assembly.

• KennyP said thank you

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,628 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 06:28 AM

That's the one Kenny.  That's the cable and lever assembly.

I had to look that up here. Seems our manual is missing a few pages and my paper copies here are the same way.

#21 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Good luck finding one for an original. Nobody has them in reproduction so you'll have to find one from a parts machine. It took me a while to find a good one. eBay has one now and then but can be costly. You can use a cable for a 70/100 but it works opposite to the original.

#22 dlang94 OFFLINE  

dlang94
  • 227 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Good luck finding one for an original. Nobody has them in reproduction so you'll have to find one from a parts machine. It took me a while to find a good one. eBay has one now and then but can be costly. You can use a cable for a 70/100 but it works opposite to the original.

They are hard to find, I thought it was me looking it up wrong. I've been watching ebay for a little while and nothing has come up, I ended up getting a generic throttle cable since my lever is still good the cable is just too short. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up the new cable to the old lever.

#23 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 05:03 PM

They are hard to find, I thought it was me looking it up wrong. I've been watching ebay for a little while and nothing has come up, I ended up getting a generic throttle cable since my lever is still good the cable is just too short. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up the new cable to the old lever.

yes you can do that.  that is what I did.  i had been using a cable for a 70/100 and found the correct lever and just switched the cable over.

#24 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 06:42 PM

There are a few cub cadet bone yards that I am sure would have decent used ones on hand.  Rich Patton is one of them and he is on our site.  His business is patton acres.

#25 dlang94 OFFLINE  

dlang94
  • 227 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 03:12 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436386121.783817.jpg

Ended up putting that stack on the original since I use it all the time, got the new throttle cable hooked up to the lever, and put the oil air cleaner back on. I still need to replace the choke cable, change the transmission oil, and finish reassembling the mower deck.
The bungee cord is used for the throttle lever it wont stay at full throttle on its own, only holds until about 3/4 of the way.

Edited by dlang94, July 08, 2015 - 03:15 PM.