lgt145 hydraulics

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

• Member No: 20120
  • 1,842 Thanks
  • 1,064 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 08:17 PM

13 HP ain't turnin' that pump under load.... The charge pump is good for maybe 800 psi max and 1.5 GPM you will need more pump for sure!! You only need about 6 gpm and maybe 1200 psi and the hydraulics will do anything you want. And the engine should be able to handle it just fine.
Get a multi spool valve with a float section for the blade and use your hydro's circuit for the ripper only. If you want the ripper to "punch in" use a large cylinder,remember you have only 500-800psi max to work with.
A powersteering pump from a gm van would work very nice, and you can add a second larger resivior to them easy, as they had this from the factory. Reason i say use one of these pumps, is it is a vain pump and will allow the engine to start and run way easier than a gear pump.

Is that a late Model GM Van?, full size or astro/safari>. I know the safari./astro has a pump big enuogh to handle steering and brakes.

Any idea what the output numbers are for the GM unit?

Edited by Chopperhed, January 19, 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,357 Thanks
  • 3,127 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 06:34 AM

Sorry for the late reply, 90's generations and newer , just open the hood on one and look at the firewall, it will have a small remote resivior for the fluid.