Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Finally Got My New Diesel Running

ruggerini rd200 ruggerini rd200 air-cooled diesl 2 cylinder diesel two cylinder diesel italian diesel

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I don't know about the truckster but it didn't take a lot to make the golf cart street legal. I just put one of those little dynamo's on there and have plenty of power for lights and anything else. I love those things as they very small and will put out up to 20 amps depending on which one you have. I use the JD style regulator now and with much better results. 

I live just a mile from town so it gets used a lot. I need to get it painted this summer  now that I'm through with the modifications. 

IMG_0011.JPG

Edited by Cvans, January 24, 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#32 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 03:11 PM

I don't know about the truckster but it didn't take a lot to make the golf cart street legal. I just put one of those little dynamo's on there and have plenty of power for lights and anything else. I love those things as they very small and will put out up to 20 amps depending on which one you have. I use the JD style regulator now and with much better results. 

I live just a mile from town so it gets used a lot. I need to get it painted this summer  now that I'm through with the modifications. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0011.JPG

Thanks for sharing that, Chris... People do lots of things with golf carts these days.  I'm leaning towards a Cushman truckster with a cab and a bed--- be able to haul things from the garden spot to the house, etc.

Smitty

#33 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 03:13 PM

Well, the taper adapter from Pager450 wasn't the right size, though it will work on twin Kohlers and B&S with tapered shafts.  He graciously let me have it and the engine.  Using the Adapter actually results in a straight shaft, although it's about 1 1/4 inch diameter.

Smitty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ruggerini, rd200, ruggerini rd200, air-cooled diesl, 2 cylinder diesel, two cylinder diesel, italian diesel