#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 05:09 PM

I need a little input here form the forum, I have a grille frame form dads b-10 and cant figure out if it is correct or I should replace it with a different one.  this has been broken on the top which I already repaired and it had an angle welded on the top rail for a reason I cannot fathom that I removed already.  my question is about the light bar in the center of this grille, is it correct? or has it been added at some point.  to me it looks factory but I have never seen another like it.  thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• b-10 retoration 005.JPG
  • b-10 retoration 006.JPG
  • b-10 retoration 007.JPG

#2 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:03 PM

I need a little input here form the forum, I have a grille frame form dads b-10 and cant figure out if it is correct or I should replace it with a different one.  this has been broken on the top which I already repaired and it had an angle welded on the top rail for a reason I cannot fathom that I removed already.  my question is about the light bar in the center of this grille, is it correct? or has it been added at some point.  to me it looks factory but I have never seen another like it.  thoughts?

its been added. not OEM

#3 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,892 Thanks
  • 2,794 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 06:11 PM

Yep, they had a separate light bar that was bolted at the top and curved at each end. the bolt holes for it are on yours at the top it would get spacer's to lift it above the two side rails.

Edited by HANKG, January 16, 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Killer_A-C OFFLINE  

Killer_A-C
  • Member No: 51839
  • 367 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 07:35 PM

I have an original if you need one..

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 08:48 PM

If I replace it I will need a good grille as well to replace the one that was hacked up to fit this one. 

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 11:06 PM

I probably have a couple nice grill frames, but they are from Landlords, and have 2-piece grills, or no grills.

#7 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 05:49 AM

I do know about the original light bars, I have made them in the past.  going to make more sooner or later.  I may just leave this support alone and put it back, whoever did it actually did a decent job of it.  plus if I replace the grille support I would need to replace the grille and I am doing this on limited budget.  a good grille will be the hardest to find rite now.  I am looking.  Killer ac has good deal on the support but no grille. 

Pete

#8 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 10:59 AM

Wow! That does look nicely done. I would probably leave it and use it if it were mine.