Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Linux users

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 12:37 PM

If you are using KDE for your desktop I just found a really cool feature.  You can group applications and have them tabbed in one window.  Say you are working on a project and you have several reference books open you can combine them all into one window and just tab back and forth.  Yesterday I was working on and estimate and had a PDF (tech manual), browser with parts listing, and the spread sheet open.  I combined the 3 into a single window and it made the process much easier.

Look at the title bar at the top.  I have the browser and a pdf open in the same window.

Desktop6.png

PDF:

Desktop7.png

You do have to use the Oxygen theme for this to work.  But all you have to do open the applications you need then right click on the title bar of one of them and You will see a menu drop down. one of the options is "Attach as tab to" click on it and select the other windows you want to group to.  It makes for a much cleaner desktop and it is easy to go back and forth.

Here are some other features in KDE

• NUTNDUN, ducky, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#2 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:31 PM

KDE has been around for a lot of years - Great desktop

years ago programmers like it a lot more than Gnome - had more thing to work with

• HDWildBill said thank you