• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 superspeedex OFFLINE  

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Cool never heard of rural king but this sounds like a nice store ill have to check it out when it gets done.

• David Brown said thank you

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,502 Thanks
  • 6,370 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 05:19 PM

In WI, we had Farm and Fleet......now called Blaine's Farm and Fleet, not the same as Quality F and F tho.  They have/had lots of BULK stuff to buy by the pound. Bolts, farm pins and more. Tires were and are big thing there.  Lots cheaper to buy things too. They are not as nice as in past, dropping some lines. Have good Carhart and others and Boots selections. Now they are expanded into ILL and maybe other places. They had the MTD 990 Farm Kings made for them for years.  Wish they could reach out farther into IN, but probly not in the plans to go that far.

#18 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:13 PM

I agree I like going to Rural King . I think they are better then tsc . But I still miss quality farm and fleet now that store you could buy anything

IDK about "quality" Farm and Fleet  but my wife works at the local "Blains" Farm and fleet, I used to really like that store, I wish they'd go back to how they were 20 years ago; what they carried (product) and also they used to carry predominantly US made stuff,
Now a days they have a smaller selection overall/ but more of what they DO have, now comes from China--- which pi$$e$ me off to no end.    The closest Rural King is about 80 miles away. (Champaign IL)  I stop in there every chance I get to go down that way. I like them better than F&F.     I have been in a couple of other Rural Kings (Monticello IN by a favorite campground and Effingham, IL) ) and they arent as good as the Rural King in Champaign.  though Effingham seems to have gotten better the last couple times I have been there  (but 2X as far away from me)

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,222 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:36 PM

I frequent the Rural King store in the county at least once a week...Where else can you get free popcorn!!

• David Brown and dodge trucker have said thanks

#20 Canawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,880 Thanks
  • 1,744 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:28 PM

Anybody have Atwoods stores nearby. I try to hit one whenever we go to visit the inlaws in Oklahoma. Seem like a decent store and they have a much wider range of merchandise than Tractor Supply. I also like that they carry the made in the USA Roundhouse clothing line. I had no idea there were still jeans made here.
  • Alc, KennyP and David Brown have said thanks

#21 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,653 Thanks
  • 39,023 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 05:19 AM

I have an Atwoods 2 miles South of me. Go there a lot! Also have a new Ace hardware a mile further. If you are a veteran, carry a copy of your DD214 and you get a 10% discount from Ace!

• Alc, David Brown and BNK have said thanks

#22 grand OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:09 PM

Their are two Rural Kings here in Evansville, east and west side of town. They have a lot of good stuff and cheaper than TSC.

When we went to the show in Indiana, Chuck was very kind and let us set up with him. He had a chair with Rural King embossed on the back rest. My wife loved that chair. It was easier for her get out of after her ankle surgery. We passed one of the stores the nest morning on our way back to the show from our motel. Stopped and bought her a chair and looked around the place. I was impressed with the selection and wish we had one in our neck of the woods. I was on their website about a year later and they had a good price on a lawn sweeper with free shipping. Been using it hard since we got it.

• Grumpy and David Brown have said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 08:44 AM

I have an Atwoods 2 miles South of me. Go there a lot! Also have a new Ace hardware a mile further. If you are a veteran, carry a copy of your DD214 and you get a 10% discount from Ace!

Cool...did not know that about Ace Hardware! Our state last year started a veterans preference on our drivers license...no more carrying around your DD-214. I did it mainly for Lowes purchases, now they quit it.

I have been to two Rual King stores, one in Clarksville & McKenzie TN. Picked up two sets of Carlisle Tru Power AG's @ the McKenzie store that were priced right! My "Pop" and I went to the one in Clarksville and after that visit we went to check out the new Harbor Freight. We park, get out and started walking to the store and he just stopped in his tracks. I ask "what is it Pop?". He said "look son! The best of both worlds...we got HF here and Hooters next door!".        

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks