Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

We're getting a Rural King!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 05:47 AM

Just saw the article in the paper last night.  There's a store (or should I say ANOTHER store) closing up and Rural King is to take over the spot.  I've been hearing about this store for many years and never thought we would get one.  It should give Tractor Supply a run for its money I would think.  It's kind of funny because all the major farming around me is drying up but TSC keeps opening stores and now this.  Of course, Tractor Supply is more pet supplies anymore.

• MH81, boyscout862, panzersarebest and 1 other said thanks

#2 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:44 AM

Jeff where is the Royal King store going to be located? Thanks Shawn

• David Brown said thank you

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:47 AM

Jeff where is the Royal King store going to be located? Thanks Shawn

Clearview Mall in Butler.  The Bon Ton is closing up and Rural King is taking over that spot.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:20 AM

We've had a Rural King for about 2 years in St. Clairsville, OH.  I LOVE THAT PLACE.  Even my wife likes it.  She will let me go stumble around there hours. 

It's a great store, they carry a lot, and have a nice selection of stuff.  Better than TSC?  I don't know, I never frequented TSC, but I go to Rural King every couple weeks.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:24 AM

Wow, there's a change of product lines.
  • David Brown and superaben have said thanks

#6 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:24 AM

I agree I like going to Rural King . I think they are better then tsc . But I still miss quality farm and fleet now that store you could buy anything
  • David Brown, dodge trucker and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#7 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,506 Thanks
  • 3,386 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:29 AM

We have a TSC and now a Harbor Freight, never heard of Rural King, we have a few Southern States stores still around.

#8 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:29 AM

They have a lot bigger/different selection then tsc. 9 times outta 10 I go to rural king and they are normally cheaper as well. Hope you like it!

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:33 AM

We have new Rural King too. Still kinda rough inside, sure was busy at x-mas!  Sure has a huge Gun section, not too much to my liking on that. Think in Big Cities they should cut back on offers, but they have it all and cabinets full of handguns!  I've been buying there RK Jeans. Only $9.99 for standard and have Big pockets,  7 belt loops (important), fit good. Not USA made, but what clothes are anymore? Haven't explored their tractor repair parts much yet, do have great tow Hitch items too. Tools, they seem to like Battery operated sets a lot, not so much into those.

#10 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:34 AM

I agree I like going to Rural King . I think they are better then tsc . But I still miss quality farm and fleet now that store you could buy anything

I remember Quality farm and fleet when I was a kid.  It was in Elm Grove, WV.  TSC replaced it and we hardly ever went back.  Last time I was in TSC was about 4 years ago to buy some bags of Black Beauty. 

When I was a kid we always called it QF&F.  We would be out riding around and Dad would say lets go to QF&F and I'd cheer and mom would groan.

#11 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:46 AM

[quote name="toomanytoys84" post="532743" timestamp="1421238879"]

I remember Quality farm and fleet when I was a kid. It was in Elm Grove, WV. TSC replaced it and we hardly ever went back.
When TSC bought them out our store was closed in a few weeks it was a sad day when it closed my first tool kit my dad ever bought my came from quality farm and fleet it was SAE and Met life time warranty it was a cheep $19 buck kit but I still have it to this day
  • MH81, David Brown and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:46 AM

I remember Quality farm and fleet when I was a kid.  It was in Elm Grove, WV.  TSC replaced it and we hardly ever went back.  Last time I was in TSC was about 4 years ago to buy some bags of Black Beauty. 

When I was a kid we always called it QF&F.  We would be out riding around and Dad would say lets go to QF&F and I'd cheer and mom would groan.

We had a QF&F for years in Butler.  Started out as Central Tractor.  I loved that store, then it closed up.  For years we went with nothing around here while farms were still going strong.  The TSC came.  I like the store but they don't really care about you after the sale too much.  I have a log splitter from them and I trashed the wedge a couple of years ago.  I went back and tried to get a new one and they couldn't get me one.  They directed me to a place that was nowhere near me and said that they do all their warranty work so I went there.  Turns out it was out of warranty which is fine.  The guy told me that TSC keeps telling people we do their work for them.  We never agreed tot hat but they keep sending folks our way.  He helped me out and got me a new wedge so that was good.  I still like any store like that.

• MH81 said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 07:49 AM

The old central tractor store was on a road that they had to close because of a bridge going bad.
It's been gone for a couple decades, but the building is still there.
Local tool and die place uses it for storage.

#14 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 08:02 AM

TSC took over our Quality F&F too, it was sad, I loved the stuff they carried. I could always grab a pair of cheap Cherry Bomb muflers for my old beaters in there :thumbs:  :D

We had a Rural King come in town about 3 yrs ago, I venture over there once in a while, huge store and lost of stuff and they always have free fresh popcorn too. :D

They have a bigger selection of mechanic stuff for both tractor, farm and even autos. My TSC is only a few mins from the house and RK is across town so I rarely go, plus I hate going to that side of town. There is a TSC right next door to the RK also, but they are still going strong or at least doors still open, must be loyal customers.

• David Brown and superaben have said thanks

#15 Grumpy ONLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:07 AM

Their are two Rural Kings here in Evansville, east and west side of town. They have a lot of good stuff and cheaper than TSC.