7 replies to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 12:00 AM

I don't know how many of you have played with a BCS tractor, but for those of us who like the old walk behinds, this is the last real walk behind tractor still produced that I know of out there with great attachments.  Something like the Ingersoll of walk behinds.

They are an Italian company.   I've played with their equipment, it is very well built and tougher than nails.

http://harrisonburg....4846033168.html

The price is $850 for a tractor, tiller, blade, and mower.  If you think that is high, go price a new BCS.  You will mess up a nice pair of pants if you are not careful.  He is right when he says that it would be around $5000. 

Ben W.

• Alc, T Guiles and chieffan have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 05:32 AM

Absolutely agree.  I have two of these at present and my brother used to be a BCS dealer.  That's a great price for what you get.  He must be hurting for money.

• superaben and chieffan have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 05:48 AM

There was a newish one for sale here a few days back. It had a blown transmission and the engine wouldn't run. It was 600$ I think he was asking. I figured a major transmission issue would be $$$ so I didn't look past that. There is a dealer near here and they are pricey. 

• chieffan said thank you

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 06:45 AM

There was a newish one for sale here a few days back. It had a blown transmission and the engine wouldn't run. It was 600$ I think he was asking. I figured a major transmission issue would be $$$ so I didn't look past that. There is a dealer near here and they are pricey. 

Wow, I wonder what he did to destroy the transmission?  I didn't even think that was possible.  These are tough little machines, built to last.  The one I have was bought in the 70's I believe by my Aunt.  It then went to my dad and now to me.  I think it's had two tune ups in that time and the shift pins replaced once.  The tranny still looks like new inside.  A friend of mine had a Troy Built tiller that was purchased around the same time and it was totally rebuilt at least once (possibly twice) and it now junked.  Troy Built makes a good tiller so it gives you an idea on how the BCS is built.

• superaben and chieffan have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:22 AM

I have an older model than what they guy had for sale.  Not sure when mine was built but still the old plain Jane type machine with only a kill switch, throttle & clutch on the handle bars.  The motor (ACME) blew and put the converter on with a 9 HP Briggs.  They are on real gutsy machine.  Basically unstoppable.  The only time I have ever killed mine is when a rock got in the tiller tines.  I have the tiller, blade, 42" bar mower and snow thrower.  They may be pricy but if taken care of the only machine you will ever need as you will never wear it out.  And to think I got mine not running at an auction for $125 with tiller about 15 years ago.

• David Brown and superaben have said thanks

#6 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:36 AM

I have an older model than what they guy had for sale.  Not sure when mine was built but still the old plain Jane type machine with only a kill switch, throttle & clutch on the handle bars.  The motor (ACME) blew and put the converter on with a 9 HP Briggs.  They are on real gutsy machine.  Basically unstoppable.  The only time I have ever killed mine is when a rock got in the tiller tines.  I have the tiller, blade, 42" bar mower and snow thrower.  They may be pricy but if taken care of the only machine you will ever need as you will never wear it out.  And to think I got mine not running at an auction for $125 with tiller about 15 years ago.

Wow!  You did really well.

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 09:01 PM

00b0b_gGgefUg7NFG_600x450.jpg

• superaben said thank you

#8 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 09:08 PM

You stole your tractor...

Ben W.