#1 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 11:23 PM

It got above freezing for about an hour today---first time in a month almost to the day! My patio frost heaved so bad it has cracked up and shoved the entryway steps up into the door and the siding on the house is bending up:-(=

DAC

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 11:44 PM

It's cold here also -12 tonight, we are looking at warmer weather later in the week should be up around 30  :dancingbanana:

• MFDAC and karl have said thanks

#3 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 01:01 AM

It has been cold here since before Christmas, from -36 overnight to no more than -18 during the day, but today it got to -5 by afternoon, with sunshine. Maybe the legendary January thaw is upon us!!!
  • Alc, KennyP, MFDAC and 1 other said thanks

#4 karl ONLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,035 Thanks
  • 773 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 08:15 AM

the trees are sounding off like firecrackers around here.ain't a criter to be found.fish pulled up through the ice are flash frozen.my eye balls need windshield wippers.everybodys well is froze up.

• MFDAC, oldedeeres and T Guiles have said thanks

#5 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 09:37 PM

It's cold here also -12 tonight, we are looking at warmer weather later in the week should be up around 30  :dancingbanana:

This is the area we have been at below zeros at night and single digits for the most part during the day. Weather man said MAYBE 50* F Friday!!!! Was just barely above freezing again today for an hour or so.

It has been cold here since before Christmas, from -36 overnight to no more than -18 during the day, but today it got to -5 by afternoon, with sunshine. Maybe the legendary January thaw is upon us!!!

OK Oldeeres I will quit whining! Wait is that C*?-LOL! Still darn cold! Our cold snap started a month ago today and we are used to some sub zero stuff but we usually get a bit of a rollercoaster. We have had so much wind with it too.

the trees are sounding off like firecrackers around here.ain't a criter to be found.fish pulled up through the ice are flash frozen.my eye balls need windshield wippers.everybodys well is froze up.

You must be up in Oldeeres' neck of the woods! With the wind it don't take long for any part of the face to start hurtin'!

DAC

• karl and T Guiles have said thanks

#6 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:08 AM

You're right, that is C., so it sounds worse to those sensible folk who still use the F. scale, but once it hits -40 it's cold no matter what you measure it by.
  • KennyP, MFDAC and karl have said thanks

#7 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,028 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:15 PM

You're right, that is C., so it sounds worse to those sensible folk who still use the F. scale, but once it hits -40 it's cold no matter what you measure it by.

That's for sure, cold is cold, Oldedeeres, and I apologize for spelling your name wrong before! Still coat weather but I was able to fire up a couple trucks that have been sitting outside and run them around the block! It is almost dark when I get home from work, and don't feel like doing anything outside usually.

DAC

• oldedeeres and karl have said thanks