MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,027 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Whats the other name?

The name was Woody Fisher. I got to do a little research finally. Can't find any pics of Cecil in a Mopar, and the Fisher brothers DID race Mopars with a Petty looking paint job. They were always #70, 74 or 75 in the short amount of time I had to look. That looks like it may be a "Winston Cup Drivers" sticker on the door but the pic is too fuzzy to tell for sure. It could be a "Sportsman series" or even an "ARCA" car.

That was back when a stock car was a stock car,dont care much for NASCAR these days.

That seems to be a lot of folks feelings nowadays, but those cars were FAR from stock too. I helped build a few and a shop I worked for ran 4 Winston Cup races in 1974 and 1975, right in the time frame of this picture. I got my interest in 1966 at 9 years old from a magazine and still dig NASCAR. Just my opinion that the quality of the competition is by far better now than it ever has been. I'm gonna leave it at that though as race talk seems to get as crazy as politics sometimes.

Would have to be from 1974 and up

Like how they got the optional Chrome hub caps too! :D

I really dig the caps too and thanks for being able to date this pic 1974 or later! I am going to throw a wild guess that the tractor was brand new and was given to the race team or the track for advertising and of course it would always be a brand new product.

Quite a while back I think someone posted an old pic of a bunch of GT's at Indy if I remember right? Were those Bolens? Wheel Horse is sticking in my mind though.

Thanks for the comments!---DAC

• KennyP said thank you

#18 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,460 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 07:32 AM

Dating to '74 or later wasn't hard, as that's a '74 Charger. As for NASCAR, I enjoyed right up until NASCAR took away any non legislated inovation by the teams. When Hendricks built the T-Rex and every part of the car was perfectly legal, yet they dissallowed it anyway because it was too fast, was the final straw for me.

#19 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,027 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Dating to '74 or later wasn't hard, as that's a '74 Charger. As for NASCAR, I enjoyed right up until NASCAR took away any non legislated inovation by the teams. When Hendricks built the T-Rex and every part of the car was perfectly legal, yet they dissallowed it anyway because it was too fast, was the final straw for me.

I think this car could be a '73 also, and at that time a team could run sheet metal up to 3 years old I believe. That could possibly push the pic up to 1977. As I stated before, this may not even be a NASCAR Winston Cup race car.

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, January 15, 2015 - 08:08 PM.

• toppop52 said thank you

#20 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,460 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Could be a '73, the grille is modified so really can't use that, the larger qtr windows would indicate '73-'74, beyond that I can't say.

Edited by toppop52, January 15, 2015 - 08:16 PM.

• MFDAC said thank you