#46 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,567 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Well then Don, the drinks are on me!  :smilewink:

Troy, Are you planning to bring drinks and burger fixings? I could help with some of it. Or maybe I could get a tasty salad together.

Only one week to go!!

Edited by shorty, May 16, 2015 - 05:29 PM.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#47 HALFSCALE OFFLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 08:14 AM

DON, Will you have refrigerator space available ? If not, we'll put ice in a cooler and bring a big batch of devil eggs.

Any idea on what time you want to start the meet and greet ?

• johndeereelfman and shorty have said thanks

#48 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 10:37 AM

Yes I can have space for your eggs. As far as time I`m thinking no later then 7:00  Happy to hear you will be here, bring along a lot of friends!!!!!

Thanks Don

#49 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Troy, Are you planning to bring drinks and burger fixings? I could help with some of it. Or maybe I could get a tasty salad together.

Only one week to go!!

Eric,

I'll bring the drinks if you want to bring the fixings. Don and I still don't have a handle on how many members to plan for, so just do what you think and if it isn't enough, we'll just do without. 

• KennyP and shorty have said thanks

#50 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 01:47 PM

As far as time I`m thinking no later then 7:00 

Sounds good Don, 7:00 works for me. If we don't have a time picked, we won't have an excuse to walk away from the show. Would hate to see you go to all that trouble and hard work of fixing up a meeting place for us, and then not being able to use it.  :thumbs:

• KennyP said thank you

#51 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 02:00 PM

I also want to wish all of you members that will be attending from out of town, a very safe trip! Remember to make sure your equipment is tied down properly, the trailer is hitched good, and don't be in a rush to get here. We have plenty of room, so all spots are good spots! Be careful and we look forward to having you join us. We appreciate all of the support in making this a successful show! 

• Alc, KennyP, truck21 and 1 other said thanks

#52 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 03:21 PM

Ditto what Troy said. And also remember the meet & greet is for members and their families.

Don.

• KennyP, johndeereelfman and shorty have said thanks

#53 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 04:43 PM

I hope you folks have a great time!

#54 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 05:36 PM

So how many people here are planning to attend? I might go if there's planning to be a good turnout.

#55 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 05:58 PM

So how many people here are planning to attend? I might go if there's planning to be a good turnout.

That's just it, we don't really know yet what to expect. We are well advertised as far as flyers and posters go, and we even have the event broadcasted over one of the local Radio station airwaves. The event is listed here, on our sister website JDFanatics.com, as well as another website, but so far, it appears that only a dozen of members from here are attending. I know of four non-members that are planning on joining us, but to try and give you a rough idea as to how many others are coming, I really have no guess. 

We really need this event to be a Great show. If it turns out to be a flop, we will have a lot of disappointed sponsors. It's the first show, and I know it will take a few years to build up to a large event, but we are really hoping for a large amount of tractors to participate. No matter what the turn out becomes though, I know we did our best and a big THANK YOU goes out to all of the staff for joining together as a team and organizing a show to the best of our ability. I'm believing that we will have a great turnout, and will be overwhelmed with the results!!!!! 

• shorty said thank you

#56 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 06:15 PM

That's just it, we don't really know yet what to expect. We are well advertised as far as flyers and posters go, and we even have the event broadcasted over one of the local Radio station airwaves. The event is listed here, on our sister website JDFanatics.com, as well as another website, but so far, it appears that only a dozen of members from here are attending. I know of four non-members that are planning on joining us, but to try and give you a rough idea as to how many others are coming, I really have no guess. 

We really need this event to be a Great show. If it turns out to be a flop, we will have a lot of disappointed sponsors. It's the first show, and I know it will take a few years to build up to a large event, but we are really hoping for a large amount of tractors to participate. No matter what the turn out becomes though, I know we did our best and a big THANK YOU goes out to all of the staff for joining together as a team and organizing a show to the best of our ability. I'm believing that we will have a great turnout, and will be overwhelmed with the results!!!!! 

If we can manage it we might try to bring a tractor along on the back of the truck then attend the Meet and Greet you guys are planning.

#57 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 08:09 PM

If we can manage it we might try to bring a tractor along on the back of the truck then attend the Meet and Greet you guys are planning.

Sounds good, and Thanks for the support. Looking forward to meeting you and shaking your hand!  :thumbs:  Have a safe trip. 

#58 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 08:20 PM

I'm planning on being there and my wife will probably be along for the cookout if not the whole day. She offered to make a dessert as I only see one mentioned so far. I'll give details as to what it's going to be when she decides.

I'll just throw out this suggestion: you might want to move the cookout up an hour or two. Every tractor show I've ever been to is pretty well wrapped up by 3-4:00pm and a lot of people are loaded up and gone by then. I love sitting around for a good BS session but another 3-4 hours waiting for food might be a bit much... ;-)
  • johndeereelfman and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#59 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Hey Jim,

I hear what you are saying, problem is a lot of us that are going to the meet & greet are also running the show. We will need to make sure the grounds are left in good shape for the night and all games and other events that we are running are finished. If things get wrapped up early we can get the party started earlier. We`ll just have to wait and see how things shake out.

Don.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#60 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 07:56 AM

Almost hate to ask this but how secure is this going to be ?  Is anyone planning of loading their tractors and taking them home each night ?  At our show at Jacktown there are lights on the grounds and people that are camping there kind of keep their eyes open during the night .