1 reply to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 05:01 PM

This C81 is a pretty nice tractor the only issue that I have found with it so far is the worst worn out hub that I have ever seen. I had a spare set on the shelf so I pulled the worn hub off and put a fresh hub on. Now it's ready to push,pull,or mow ! I hit the paint quick with rubbing compound,I still need to finish that up,paint the wheels and replace the seat. I also recently picked up a very solid complete 42 inch rear discharge deck in great shape,including the covers. The only issue is there is no paint left on it. I hope to get it sand blasted and painted before spring. I plan to use the tractor for a back up mower this year. Forgot to add that the hub was so loose it would spin an 1 1/2 inch or more on the axle before engaging and was held in place with collars with set screws,one behind and one in front of the hub.

Attached Thumbnails

• c81.jpg cleaned.jpg 2.jpg
  • c81.jpg cleaned.jpg 3.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg 4.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg 6.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg 7.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg 13.jpg
  • c81 hub.jpg 14.jpg

Edited by rustyoldjunk, January 13, 2015 - 05:09 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 07:43 PM

I like the C81 good looking around tractor. I just completed my wish list last summer of five. I may just start a new list with the C81 on there for this year. I need to edjamacate myself some on the WH first :) It's a good thing you had a hub those things have gotten outrageous.

Edited by Sawdust, January 13, 2015 - 07:44 PM.