• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nickandkalin OFFLINE  

nickandkalin
  • Member No: 43897
  • 15 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 02:59 PM

hi there, i am considering putting another set of hydraulics on my tractor. it already has the factory system to lift the deck but i'm wondering if and how i can put another valve and lift cylinder on it to angle my front blade. if anyone has some pics or info would be great. thanks in advance

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 03:08 PM

All you have to do is pick up your pressure for your added control valve off the return line from the existing control valve, then your return from your new control valve back to the return port on the rear end (where original return was connected).  It would be best to use another valve just like the stock one so it will have the relief valve at the proper setting.  If I'm not mistaken, the only relief valve for the lift circuit is in the hydraulic control valve, so it's imperative the added valve is set to the same relief pressure or damage to your charge pump would result.  Using the identical valve off another LGT165 would guarantee you'd be fine.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,345 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 03:53 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Ford had a kit for this, doubt you could find one now! Here's the manual for it. It shows how to hook it in!

• boyscout862, TomLGT195, FilledTires and 1 other said thanks

#4 TomLGT195 ONLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,192 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 05:12 PM

Welcome aboard. I had an LGT 145 with the second aux in it for the plow angle. I believe it was  the same as the primary one . just follow the manual Kenny linked for you to mount it properly. Check with our site sponsors to see if they have a used one for sale. It does make angling the blade easier without getting off the tractor.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 nickandkalin OFFLINE  

nickandkalin
  • 15 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 06:13 PM

Thanks guys, I found one off a massey ferguson mf14 and a double one off a bolens 1400 eliminator. do you think that either on of those would be fine?

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,345 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 06:31 PM

Should work okay as far I know!

#7 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 11:14 AM

Looking at a similar mod down the line. I have a single control from a Deere 316 onan laying around that I was going to use (I updated the Deere to a 3 circuit control). Anybody know if the Deere controller has a relief built into it?

#8 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 11:52 AM

The closed sided generation uses a power beyond port for any added circuits. This is the safest port to use as it utilizes the 'relief valve and maintains low return side pressures. Feeding another valve from the return port is only good if the valve is rated for it. What will happen if it is not is the low pressure side of the first valve ,or the one feeding the second valve from its return port, will blow out the cast valve body making an awful mess and ruining the valve.
  • olcowhand and FilledTires have said thanks

#9 nickandkalin OFFLINE  

nickandkalin
  • 15 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 03:21 PM

skyryder2, where can i find the power beyond port at? My tractor is the close sided model.

#10 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 03:57 PM

It is a large plug on the side or top of valve(it is at the end of the name "Duke") it is a large hex.this must be removed and replaced with the proper adapter. This will be where you get the HP oil from. When you remove this plug you will see the internal port it is pluging. Any valve with PB port can't take high pressures in the return chamber,and May fail three first time you load. The pressure on.
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#11 nickandkalin OFFLINE  

nickandkalin
  • 15 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:21 PM

Thanks skyryder do you have a diagram that can show me how to plumb the second valve?

#12 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 06:27 AM

Not off hand, but I can make one up. Question for ya, what does the " other" valve look like? Take a few pics of it for me of all sides, that valve may be the key player in your plumbing.
JAC-161782 is the "power beyond" fitting part number that you need. With out that fitting your plumbing will need to be different.

#13 nickandkalin OFFLINE  

nickandkalin
  • 15 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 02:20 PM

hi skyryder2, where would i get one of the power beyond adapter, I seen some on the princess auto website but there is different one to chose from, does it matter as long as it fits the port? I called new holland and they said they can not find parts for that.

#14 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 06:31 AM

Those are usually specific to the manufacturer of the valve. But it is possible to have one work from something else. I could make one if I had a valve to fit it too.
What do your other valves look like ?? Especially the MF one? You may be able to do a work around?? Snap a few pics of them so i can see if this is possible easily ;-)