• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • Member No: 65961
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hey, I am trying a mod on my GT to fit the Gravely rotary plow. Already have the rotary. I was thinking of parting with it, but messaged a couple of guys here and for the shape it is in, I don't feel it's value would be worth the shipping trouble for something that size. 

So, change direction and rebuilt for new project. Anyway, I need someone with a 4 wheel Gravely and a front wheel lift, or the desire to place jack stands and get me some pics of the front mount and drive system. It looks like it sticks out far enough to piggy back it on the PTO of my Jacobsen. I will probably redesign the drive clutch mechanism to be able to put some type of u-joint from the PTO in order to raise and lower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BB

#2 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 02:04 PM

I wouldn't eliminate the slip clutch doing so would likely lead to the destruction of the drive gears in the unit.

• txdieseldog said thank you

#3 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • Member No: 65961
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:02 AM

js5020, you talking about the clutch plates that look like ones on a shredder, or the ratchet looking drive teeth on the very end? I was planning on keeping the plates set-up. The problem will be if I weld something to the end of it to hold a u-joint or something, it will block the large nut at the end that I'm guessing is part of the clutch assembly. Haven't taken things apart yet to know for sure.