• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:11 PM

I picked this up as part of a package deal a few weeks ago. I went from one Super 12, to a Suburban 10 and a Suburban 12 with a stack of attachments, two front blades, wheel weights and chains in a matter of minutes. image.jpg
  • rustyoldjunk, Gtractor, MH81 and 7 others have said thanks

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 11:11 PM

HOARDER!!!!  :poke:

Welcome to the disease. There is no cure so run-em, use-em, and enjoy-em.  :wave:

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,299 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 12:12 AM

Looks like a 66. Nice that it still has the side panel. I see a three point handle also
:thumbs: looks like a great tractor.

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 08:13 AM

Looks like a 66. Nice that it still has the side panel. I see a three point handle also
:thumbs: looks like a great tractor.

:iagree:  :thumbs:

#5 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 08:13 AM

haha I thought you bought the one I am going to look at it tonight.

#6 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 09:04 AM

Thanks.  I was looking for a front blade and ended up with two blades with tractors attached.  The Suburban 10 had the plow mounted and cast rear weights on it.  The 12 had the blade mounted and chains.  Both have three point hitches.  I got a turning plow, disc, three homemade cultivators, and two potato plows that were missing the shares. 

The 10 has some hacked up wiring on it.  I did have both running this weekend.  The governors need work.  Both hunted a little at idle, but they run.  The 12 smokes.  The 10 runs clean.  I think the starter/genrators aren't charging because they killed my new battery.  My plan is to clean up the 10, fix the choke cable, straighten up the governor and sell it and most of the attachments this spring. 

I'm addicted to old stuff.  I mow with a 69 Landlord that my buddies daddy rebuilt.  Now neither my buddy or his daddy are still with us, but I will keep the Landlord forever.  I have a Super 12 that I mess around with and I plow with a 49 David Bradley walk behind.  And my big trailer is presently occupied by a 52 Chevrolet five window that my middle boy and I have plans for.  Step 1 is to get the Model B Allis out of the garage.  Step 2 is to get the 8N out.  Step 3......

I really want a MF at some point.  They are hard to find around here.  I grew up with an uncle that worked at a MF dealer.  I used to go to work with him on Saturdays while he sold parts or delivered equipment.  I spent a lot of time in their yard in and on tractors and he "let" me mow his and his mom's grass with an MF8......... 

Enough rambling.   My boss probably expects me to be productive today.

• MH81 said thank you