#16 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 05:54 PM

Brian, I have sold a lot of those clear lens over the past years,but you right don't sell for big money
  • chieffan said thank you

#17 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 06:41 PM

Did the "non" headlight equipped models have some type of clear/translucent convex disk that went in place of the bulbs? If so... i'd love to take one of these and put an LED strip behind it that I can change the colors... maybe go from Red to Green.... give it that "Gravedigger" look lol. Seriously though... what did those headlight blanks look like... and can you still find them :)

Here is a picture of my restored 853 with the original plastic headlight inserts.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00003.JPG
  • DSC00005.JPG

• Bolens 1000, nglauer and chieffan have said thanks

#18 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 07:19 PM

Here is a picture of my restored 853 with the original plastic headlight inserts.

Interesting... I think one of these mounted on a wall with back lighting behind it would look really cool... especially now that you can get cheap LED light strips for your home.

#19 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 07:20 PM

I just noticed the brace on the inside of your hood.... did the other Bolens Models have a similar brace? I know neither of my HT's do - and I don't remember the 1050 ever having such a brace. I will have to hike back to the barn and check the 1050 and the 850...... because i'm curious now. 

#20 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 07:25 PM

I just noticed the brace on the inside of your hood.... did the other Bolens Models have a similar brace? I know neither of my HT's do - and I don't remember the 1050 ever having such a brace. I will have to hike back to the barn and check the 1050 and the 850...... because i'm curious now. 

Yes All the Tubeframes of that eara has that style "Brace"

• nglauer and chieffan have said thanks

#21 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted January 13, 2015 - 08:14 PM

1886 also had that brace
  • nglauer and chieffan have said thanks

#22 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,141 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 10:34 AM

Have any clock guts to fit a "Big" saw blade? I have a few monster sized one's from our old sawmill. I think a 6' saw blade clock would look pretty awesome on the front of my garage :)

Problem would be is the weather conditions and the weight of the hands.  That would take real tough mechanism but it would be real neat.  Don't think I have ever seen one.  I'll do some checking with my suppliers and see what they have to say.

• nglauer said thank you

#23 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 12:42 PM

Interesting... I think one of these mounted on a wall with back lighting behind it would look really cool... especially now that you can get cheap LED light strips for your home.

I like your idea of led strip inside there, nice and low light. I've got a spare hood out there you got me thinking about this project.

• nglauer said thank you

#24 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,141 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Problem would be is the weather conditions and the weight of the hands.  That would take real tough mechanism but it would be real neat.  Don't think I have ever seen one.  I'll do some checking with my suppliers and see what they have to say.

Have not been able to locate any that would stand up to the unprotected elements of the weather.  May have to go rob Big Ben?

• nglauer said thank you