• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reagan 828 OFFLINE  

Reagan 828
  • Member No: 66116
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Need info on this little tractor if someone could help it's I a rj 35 I'm thing a 1957 cause it has original k 90 motor on it that runs great I know these belt driven are getting rare to find would like help putting a price on it

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• rustyoldjunk, Mark K and GlenPettit have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 09:32 PM

Do you have any attachments with it or is it just a tractor?

If you were closer, I would own that machine.  I would like to restore an RJ, although I want one with a Clinton engine...

Ben W.

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 09:38 PM

I'm not sure what it worth, but it's missing all the belt guards and muffle guard. Those hoods a very hard to find and someone poked a hole thru yours. i hope you can get it sold if that's what you are wanting to do. Good Luck. :thumbs:

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#4 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 11:29 PM

As stated above the missing belt guard will be a real problem to find . The missing exhaust shield not easy to find but doable as they pop up from time to time on Ebay either original or repop the hood although unfortunate  is easily repairable in the plus column the engine runs and it is a fairly rare GT it stinks that those parts are missing it really deflates the price in my opinion . I should add however with all there parts I have seen them go for  $1000.00 in that condition.

Edited by HANKG, January 11, 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#5 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 08:36 AM

I have 5 rjs in my collection I bought them all last year, the best one was restored no attachments, new rear tires $775, a real good complete one with deck $350, the others all missing something little anywhere for $200-$300, one I got for $100 and took off the bits I needed for my other 3 then sold it to someone else who needed other parts, wheel horses are scarce here so the price is higher than most other gts, john deeres have to be sold at giveaway prices around here, cant get 200 for a jd rf, or 150 for a good 214, I just keep them now for trading or motor parts, so put a decent price on it, say $500, no bites in 2weeks lower it, good deals don't last long on craigs list
  • HANKG said thank you

#6 GlenPettit OFFLINE  

GlenPettit
  • Member No: 34353
  • 520 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:32 AM

Joe Papke is very experienced with the all the early Wheel Horses, and has many dozens of RJ's that he has restored over the years, and dozens more for parters.  I believe he contracted with someone to remanufacture a bunch of those belt guards and exhaust shields, and Joe is a very fussy detailed guy, so those guards were made darn good.   Check with him on those guards, and parts you may need, he's in White Pigeon, MI :

horsedr2004@yahoo.com .

Edited by GlenPettit, January 12, 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#7 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 12:52 AM

want to sell it im looking for one

#8 Racinbob OFFLINE  

Racinbob
  • Member No: 55951
  • 69 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 07:56 AM

Joe Papke is very experienced with the all the early Wheel Horses, and has many dozens of RJ's that he has restored over the years, and dozens more for parters.  I believe he contracted with someone to remanufacture a bunch of those belt guards and exhaust shields, and Joe is a very fussy detailed guy, so those guards were made darn good.   Check with him on those guards, and parts you may need, he's in White Pigeon, MI :

horsedr2004@yahoo.com .

I'll second that on Joes guards and shields. I got my 400 belt guard from him and it's outstanding.