18 replies to this topic

#16 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 05:16 PM

I looked at this last year and took the measurements and adapted them to my Homelite. The hitch is still on the welding table for me to weld. I didn't see the dimensions fro the lift rod until today. Thanks. That's all I need to finish it, well that and the welding. ( not very good at that) but will get it done soon. Thanks .

• KennyP said thank you

#17 zeth OFFLINE  

• Member No: 82178
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:31 AM

Kenny P needed the measurements from my sleeve hitch on the 416 so I decided to make a thread so anyone else needing them would have them.

The hitch is made out of two inch bar stock one quater inch thick. The length is measured at nine and a half inches OD. The width is seven inches OD.The center brace is welded in four and three quarters ID from the rear of the hitch and the lift brace is welded exactly centered. The sleeve for the hitch pin is made of one inch thick wall tubing. The lift rod is seven inches long from the outside of the bend where it goes into the lift arm on the tractor. The threads on the clevis end are threaded two and a half inches on the lift rod and the clevis on mine is threaded to where the threads are flush on the inside.

The corners of the hitch that mount to the tractor are rounded so they do not catch when the lift is raised or lowered. You will have to drill a hole on each side of the hitch pin tube from the back side. The adjusting bolts are half inch by three inches and after you tighten the bolts and nuts you can weld the nut to the inside of the hitch and use two more nuts as lock nuts to hold the bolts in adjustment.

Just shoot up here amongst us???Man,I havent heard that in a coons age!

• KennyP said thank you

#18 Farmerlane OFFLINE  

• Member No: 82848
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 12:25 PM

Does anybody know the dimensions for a sleeve hitch for an Allis chalmers 912H

#19 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 1,210 posts