Garden Tractor Forums banner

Allis Sleeve Hitch Specs & Dimensions

17K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  DougN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kenny P needed the measurements from my sleeve hitch on the 416 so I decided to make a thread so anyone else needing them would have them.

The hitch is made out of two inch bar stock one quater inch thick. The length is measured at nine and a half inches OD. The width is seven inches OD.The center brace is welded in four and three quarters ID from the rear of the hitch and the lift brace is welded exactly centered. The sleeve for the hitch pin is made of one inch thick wall tubing. The lift rod is seven inches long from the outside of the bend where it goes into the lift arm on the tractor. The threads on the clevis end are threaded two and a half inches on the lift rod and the clevis on mine is threaded to where the threads are flush on the inside.

The corners of the hitch that mount to the tractor are rounded so they do not catch when the lift is raised or lowered. You will have to drill a hole on each side of the hitch pin tube from the back side. The adjusting bolts are half inch by three inches and after you tighten the bolts and nuts you can weld the nut to the inside of the hitch and use two more nuts as lock nuts to hold the bolts in adjustment.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you! That will be good info to have for these tractors.

Reactions: tinbender7
#5 ·
On the 1" tube, how far is it above the bar stock? Also, total length?

#7 ·
I had someone e-mail me a drawing made from an OEM hitch. It differs some from your measurements. I was also offered the loan of a hitch so I can make one.

Here's the drawing:

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Diagram

Attachments

#10 ·
Kenny the overall lenth and width are the same as mine but where the cross bar is welded in is closer to the tractor.It seems that mine might pick up higher since it hooks in closer to the rear of the hitch. I have never seen the adjusting bolts come in from the front like that on any sleeve hitch but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it works. I have a friend that bought a 700 series new with the factory hitch and his looks like mine. I have never measured his but now I might have to just because I want to know.

Reactions: KennyP
#11 ·
I will see when I can look at these other hitches. Just going off what is on that drawing. Yours is definitely heavy duty!

#12 ·
I looked at my tractors existing hitch today. There is no way a half inch thick sleeve hitch will fit. Maybe 3/8" max. I may go check out the other hitches tomorrow.

#13 ·
I did not think that sounded right so I looked at my notes. The thickness of the bar stock is one quarter inch not one half inch. I am blaming it on the meds for typing it wrong because I did have it written correctly in my notes.

I tried to edit the original post but was unable to figure it out.

#15 ·
I got to go check out several factory sleeve hitches this past weekend and they match to the drawing I posted earlier. I will build one before long, but will use 3/8" X 2" bar stock.

Reactions: Sawdust
#16 ·
I looked at this last year and took the measurements and adapted them to my Homelite. The hitch is still on the welding table for me to weld. I didn't see the dimensions fro the lift rod until today. Thanks. That's all I need to finish it, well that and the welding. ( not very good at that) but will get it done soon. Thanks .

Roger

#21 ·
would anyone have the specs to build the actual rear lift hitch. seems like all my tractors are missing the rear lift. 7116's and a baron if that makes a difference. thanks
I wonder how close a 416S hitch would be to that? I have the rear out of a AC716 6-speed I can check some. If not I have someone close who may have those parts I can measure from.

Here's a pic of the 716 before I pulled the rear end.

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

Reactions: Sawdust and Jason T
#22 ·
Is this what you are looking for?

Font Auto part Parallel Drawing Art
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

Attachments

#23 ·
would anyone have the specs to build the actual rear lift hitch. seems like all my tractors are missing the rear lift. 7116's and a baron if that makes a difference. thanks
Found this for a 416 on Ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.