grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 10:04 PM

Ben there are many folks that camp out at the show grounds. There are no hookups or electric but many folks spend the night. We had a cookout at the Dover Show that everyone seemed to enjoy and it sounds like a great idea to have a GTTalk cookout at the Little Guys Show.

• Alc, superaben and HANKG have said thanks

#17 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 08:05 AM

I am going to have to think about this, just did a mapquest and it is 5 hr ride one way.  May look into a hotel room close tot he grounds and spend the day there sat. 

Pete

OK so some of you guys are locale, who can recommend a good cheap place to spend two nights near the grounds?  Looking for a smaller locale owned motel or hotel.

Edited by petrj6, January 11, 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#18 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 08:37 PM

as it looks rite now me and the wife are going to be there sat, hope to see you all.

Pete

• grand, Alc and truck21 have said thanks

#19 jimt1971 OFFLINE  

jimt1971

• Member No: 6295
  • 23 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 10:03 PM

George

Do you think we can still stay over till Sunday?

Jim

#20 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 01:45 PM

George

Do you think we can still stay over till Sunday?

Jim

I called Bob Rentzel last night since it's his ground where the show is held. He doesn't see a problem with folks staying Saturday night. I did post earlier that it is primitive camping with no hook ups. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

#21 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 01:51 PM

I am going to have to think about this, just did a mapquest and it is 5 hr ride one way.  May look into a hotel room close tot he grounds and spend the day there sat. 

Pete

OK so some of you guys are locale, who can recommend a good cheap place to spend two nights near the grounds?  Looking for a smaller locale owned motel or hotel.

Pete I know of several small motels in the area but with the proximity to major roads the large chains have mostly taken over. The small motels now cater to mostly long term tenants and probably wouldn't suit your needs. Also living in the area I have no first hand knowledge of any of the motels. Sorry I can't be of more help, but we will be looking forward to meeting you and your wife at the show.

• petrj6 said thank you

#22 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 01:57 PM

How many folks do you all expect?

Ben W.

Ben, the count last year was about 200 tractors. George was close with his guess. Marie Rentzel rode around the grounds to get a rough count. She said it's hard because while she's counting, people are also moving about and even though they do registration, everyone may not register all of their tractors. Needless to say, it was a nice turnout.

Edited by grand, January 16, 2015 - 05:02 PM.

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#23 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 09:23 PM

SSOOOOOOOOO-------------   will there be a gt-talk area ???  I am going to be there sat and am bringing my custom david Bradley.  Who should I be looking for ?

#24 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 06:34 AM

We will be easy to find Pete. I go to the show grounds several days before the show and stake out our space. George has a 10x20 white canopy that will have a GTTalk banner hanging from it. We will be about the first thing you see coming in from the parking lot. See you there.

• Alc said thank you

#25 morepower302 OFFLINE  

morepower302
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 64862
  • 72 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 09:41 PM

I wish I knew about this show before. It looks like you all have a great time. I'm currently planning on coming out on Saturday with my Standard Twin and possibly the Handiman.

#26 jimt1971 OFFLINE  

jimt1971

• Member No: 6295
  • 23 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 10:20 AM

Just wanted to bump this to the top. Just two weeks away. Can't wait to try my Power King plowing this year.

#27 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 04:46 AM

I was at the show grounds yesterday for a little over 4 hours helping to set things up. Everything is coming together nicely. I will be going out again Saturday to help put up fencing. As in previous years just a reminder that the address on the flyer is Bob's home next to the show grounds. Those folks with GPS can use 265 Steffie Dr, Mt. Wolf,PA and it will put you right at the parking lot. You actually pass thru a housing development to get there. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new ones this year.

• KennyP said thank you

#28 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I just got home from helping with some more setup for the show. As I said in previous post I was there on Saturday also. Things are coming together nicely and we just need a few finishing touches. Bob has the small direction signs installed. It's a small blue arrow with the letters LGS for Little Guys Show. There are about 10 people with trailers or equipment setting in spaces already. I staked our space on Saturday when I went to help. Looking forward to seeing many of our GTTalk members and please remember to stop by the tent and sign the banner.

• KennyP said thank you

#29 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,272 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Friday afternoon I plan on getting a simplicity sickle bar mower. Maybe I should throw it on the Allis B212 or Simplicity 3212V hydro lift and bring along who knows what will happen.

#30 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 08:52 PM

We just got home from taking our first load to the show and getting the second load on the trailer. We have the GTTalk tent set and the banners in place. There is already a nice turnout but room for more. Here are just a few pics I took tonight.

Little Guys 2015 001.JPG Little Guys 2015 002.JPG Little Guys 2015 003.JPG Little Guys 2015 004.JPG Little Guys 2015 005.JPG Little Guys 2015 006.JPG Little Guys 2015 007.JPG

• KennyP said thank you