• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 12:38 PM

go on with daily life happy that there is no snow.

• grnspot110 and KennyP have said thanks

#17 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 03:54 PM

I am not asking for snow, but I don't regret it when we get it.  We barely have enough to cover the ground, and as yet, have no snow to blow.  Did have some piled up from the wind along the back yard, I went out and blew a path threw that to see if my tractor/blower would handle it well.  Well, it sure did, as long as I could keep the blower full, it blowed like crazy.  But since we are not getting much snow, I am doing lots of work in/around the house.  Pulled the ceiling down for access to the electrician coming Tues. could run a new line, putting a 125 amp sub-panel in the garage, er, wood-shop.    Have lived too long where turning on a table saw and dust collector would blow the circuit breaker.  Looking forward to the new panel, I should be able to get a lot of work done I have had on the back-burner for a couple years.  Even running the welder pops the breakers after a couple minutes.  IF I can get caught up with the projects, I then have an Allis Chalmers tractor I need to do some engine work on.  The list is long, long live the new breaker box, it is going to get a good work-out very soon.... LOL

• KennyP and JDBrian have said thanks

#18 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 04:35 PM

In Norf Dakoota you probably need some of those 125 amps for heat. Just checked the 7 day outlook and no major storms on the way. A couple of days with flurries or showers and that's it. 

#19 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 06:28 PM

I did get my Deere 828D fired up and running just in case, used it once so far. Could have used the Ariens GT but I have been lagging on that machine due to not getting the heat goin this fall in my garage. I have just enough room in the attached garage to get the walk behind blower inside.
I do have that machine apart right now, as it's time to fix the fuel leak.... runs fine but if I forget to shut off the valve under the tank   the gas tank will empty itself thru either the mouth of the carb or the muffler depending on which valve(s) are open

I happen to be out of gumout carb spray just came back from a parts run.... I think it is just a bad needle seat... they are calling for snow again tomorrow nite but I dont think it will be enough to need the blower the way they are talkin... it takes more snow these days than it did in some past years to really need the blower as me, my wife and son currently all have 4WD... though in past years I'd have been out there shoveling as soon as there was enough to barely make the driveway white. and then go on to the neighbors' driveways, come back and redo my own, repeat....  I do not have that ambition any more.

I have a pic of a snow sculpture someone did, that I found on another forum, stored in the computer. Being it contains the F word, I figured I wont post it here though it isfunny

#20 richwoodrocket ONLINE  

richwoodrocket

16 year old JD lover

• Contributor
  • Member No: 57205
  • 147 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 08:30 PM

Well in buffalo it's not uncommon for the snow to melt a few days after its fallen.
Unfortunately that makes for a lot of times without snow. I watch YouTube videos of other people's snow lol.

#21 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,561 Thanks
  • 3,941 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 10:31 PM

I stay inside where it is warm and dry. And then it is the recliner and GTtalk.

There is always something interesting to read. And a Ben and Cat slam to laugh about.