Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

1967 JD 110 Electric Lift Conversion from manual Lift Info.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vandura93 OFFLINE  

vandura93

• Member No: 6007
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 02:38 AM

Hi everyone,what iam looking to do is convert my 1967 JD 110 serial #79000 from manual lift to electric lift, I have my repair manual and it does not say anything about electric lift,just the hydrolic lift, so what iam asking is can this be done and if it can does anyone have any info. or parts list with part numbers,drawings and the like, I have the electric lift motor and actuator that works and some brackets but don't think I have everything I need, I want to do this so I can lift my model 36 snow blower, any help would be appreciated,Thanks joe. 

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 08:05 AM

I think the rockshafts are different also

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 08:52 AM

I haven't seen it done on a RF. But it can be done with some fabrication.

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 10:55 AM

Well, it would be different that's for sure. Not sure where you would mount the actuator and motor under the frame, but I guess with some added brackets you could make it work. The hydraulic lift cylinder is mounted between the lifting pivot mechanism and the frame just behind the engine. I guess you could mount the electric lift actuator between the lifting pivot mechanism and the brake assembly, but you'd more than likely have to reverse your electrical connection, so that the actuator is working opposite of normal, seeing how you'll be mounted opposite of normal lifting for the tractor. Another words, your actuator would be lowering when needed for lifting, and raising when needed for lowering. I guess it won't hurt the actuator to operate this way. 

My suggestion would be to add a factory helper spring. I have one mounted to my round fender and it works well. With the tension set right, I literally have to push the lifting handle forward in order to lower the snowthrower, and use hardly any effort to raise it. There is also adjustments that can be made to the snowthrower springs themselves, to help ease in lifting the unit. You should find nuts located on each spring of the snowthrower. By turning in the nuts, this will tighten the springs more, which will aid in the snowthrower raising easier. I'd try these things first, before I'd go through all of the fabrication that you are looking to do. Just my opinion, but it's your tractor so you can do what you want.

Edited by johndeereelfman, January 15, 2015 - 04:26 PM.

• HDWildBill and Cat385B have said thanks

#5 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 12:28 PM

I use an old 12v trim pump and cylinders of a boat,works great.

#6 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 03:42 PM

I second the spring ssit that works really good and helps a ton

#7 vicamen18 OFFLINE  

vicamen18
  • Member No: 64214
  • 10 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 01:02 PM

I have a 200 series that I converted from the manual to electric. The rock shafts were slightly different but it was easy to swap them out. The quadrant is made of a Bakelite material and the tip that connects to the rod broke. I fabricated a fix and use it for exactly the reason you mentioned. It is awesome.

I know my tractor is very different from your round fender so won't say it can be an easy swap without modification. I will say that with a bad back and hip that the 214 with electric lift is awesome! To continue to help with making it easy on my back I am working on swapping out the transaxle and engine for hydrostatic. But that's another thread;)

I'll check to see if I have diagrams and upload them.

Good luck. The mod was fun for me and I got to learn a lot about the electrical system.

#8 vandura93 OFFLINE  

vandura93

• Member No: 6007
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 14, 2015 - 05:02 PM

Thank You vicamen 18,this tractor has been the family all it's life and has been very reliable all it's life and worked, not left sit and has been taken care of and never let me down, I as you just needed a better way besides the manual lift to raise the snow blower,i have the frame bracket for the electric lift and the lift and different rock shafts and different lift rods and my ace in the hole so to speak is my son can weld,i told my son that iam saving it for my grand daughter,just born,so it will see many generations of use,they just don't build them like they used too, the original motor is finally starting to smoke some but iam looking to rebuild it soon,have a like new trans axel being swapped in now,and she is just my hobby and a fun tractor to use,any info. on the electric lift and wireing would be greatly appreciated,Thank You Very Much.

#9 vicamen18 OFFLINE  

vicamen18
  • Member No: 64214
  • 10 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 11:04 AM

I found the manual that helped me with the electric hook up, PM me for details.

Vandura93 - this info helped me do the install. When I removed the unit from the donor tractor the lift rod was actually significantly bent. Apparently something jammed on the donor tractor and it bent the rod. Fortunately the two soleinoids were still working. It is a great addition to this tractor. If I could figure out how to add a picture I'd show you my tractor and the electrical part of the lift. For now, pages 128-140 of the url link will show you the set up for the 200 series.

I'd love to help more. Let me know if you have questions and I will try to help you problem solve them.

More information to come. Have a good one.

Kev