Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Is This For a Bolens Gardener and what is it ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:12 PM

I went to pick up a Gardener I bought off C L and came home with the Gardener, an attachment aDavid Bradley in good condition and a Blackhawk tractor with a plow.  The bar across the top of the attachment is green and on the back side is painted in yellow letters "WALKING  TRACTOR".  I am sure it is for the Gardener but don't know what it is or supposed to do.  Anyone have any ideas or know more about this than I do?    Attachment.JPG

Edited by chieffan, January 07, 2015 - 06:15 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:19 PM

That's a gardener tool bar. With some kind of hilling attachment. All rear attachments but the plow mount on the tool bar. Im including a picture of one of my gardeners with the cultivators attached. And a different tractor with the spike tooth harrow mounted.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-24042-0-27697500-1402880862.jpg
  • post-24042-0-33367100-1409618768.jpg

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:32 PM

I guess I was part right then.  I need to do some more research on the Gardener to see how all the different attachment are put together.  Mine has a plow mounted now, w3hich I plan to take off as soon as I get the wheels painted and new rubber & tubes  put in.  Mine has the case 2 piece rims and just got them apart today.

#4 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:37 PM

I guess I was part right then.  I need to do some more research on the Gardener to see how all the different attachment are put together.  Mine has a plow mounted now, w3hich I plan to take off as soon as I get the wheels painted and new rubber & tubes  put in.  Mine has the case 2 piece rims and just got them apart today.

Most of the attachments are fairly easy to take on and off. Other than the plow for the most part, there either mounted off the tool bar or on the front hitch. See the thing on the front of both of mine in the pictures. That's what the blade, reel mower, etc would mount off of.

• chieffan said thank you

#5 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:40 PM

no it wont ever work, you just send it to me and i'll dispose of it properly.   No I cant lie to you, you got a cultivator with a set of hilling shovels and behind them are a set of weeders. Both pretty good prizes!!

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 09:23 PM

no it wont ever work, you just send it to me and i'll dispose of it properly.   No I cant lie to you, you got a cultivator with a set of hilling shovels and behind them are a set of weeders. Both pretty good prizes!!

Wow !  Thanks a bunch for that big piece of information.  I kind of thought it was for hilling or something along those lines.  It was not with the Gardener, only the plow.  It was out with the David Bradly and Blackhawk.  I tried to buy it separate but he was way out of line for it alone.  Made a good offer on all as he wanted rid of all of it and didn't want to piece meal it off.  Now if I can get the Blackhawk sold I and get serious about the Gardener and then the DB tractor.  Here are a couple photos of what all I ended up with.

D.B.-2.JPG                              Gardener.jpg

BlkHwk-4.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#7 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 07:13 AM

I wish you weren't so far away. Id take that Blackhawk off your hands.

:thumbs:

• Lauber1 and chieffan have said thanks

#8 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 12:24 PM

That's a gardener tool bar. With some kind of hilling attachment. All rear attachments but the plow mount on the tool bar. Im including a picture of one of my gardeners with the cultivators attached. And a different tractor with the spike tooth harrow mounted.

Thanks for the photos.  Good looking machine with the harrow behind.  Any chance of getting photo from behind so I can see how things are bolted together?  Never been around one of these so I need a good education on them.  Thanks much.

#9 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 12:27 PM

I seem to have the same problem.  Always two states between me and the item I would like to have.

#10 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 04:54 PM

Ok. Im borrowing a picture off the net. The first piece in the picture is what you need to hitch up rear attachments. It mounts on the tractor. The loop under the handle bars is were the handle goes up threw. Then the two latches on the back mount around the flat bar on the attachments. It doesn't look like in the pictures you have this. Probably the reason is because the plow is mounted. Both cant be mounted at the same time.  

Attached Thumbnails

• post-51664-0-31214100-1390154532.jpg
  • post-24042-0-36922400-1406427473.jpg

#11 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 06:15 PM

well maybe if a deal was worked I might be able to meet him and then bring it over to IN in the spring.

#12 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 06:18 PM

well maybe if a deal was worked I might be able to meet him and then bring it over to IN in the spring.

Hey that would be awesome.

#13 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 06:19 PM

• pm me if you get a deal worked out
  •  

#14 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:42 AM

The Blackhawk went to MO. Monday.  Made a trade for attachments for the DB.  We're both happy.  :thumbs:

#15 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,165 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 21, 2015 - 07:55 AM

Ok. Im borrowing a picture off the net. The first piece in the picture is what you need to hitch up rear attachments. It mounts on the tractor. The loop under the handle bars is were the handle goes up threw. Then the two latches on the back mount around the flat bar on the attachments. It doesn't look like in the pictures you have this. Probably the reason is because the plow is mounted. Both cant be mounted at the same time.  

Thanks much for the photo.  Now I know a lot more of what I as well as the PO are looking for.