Worked on a Husqvarna with a bercomac snowblower

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,892 Thanks
  • 3,120 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:04 PM

My son and I worked on this tractor yesterday. Not ours.  The belt going from the motor to the drive for the snowblower was not lined up and was chewing the belt off. Hitting on the edge of the idler pulley. The blower is a Bercomac. Never seen one before and they seem to be a hot topic on u tube as to how well they work. Any way we got it fixed up and is ok now, we hope.  Something different to work on, just for fun.  

So when we finished, we tested it in the snow. Wow did it ever blow the snow. Farther than any blower I ever used. 

So whats the difference why it throws snow so much father that the blower on my LGT 165 Ford?  Look to be built the same. Auger, impeller, chute, Whats the difference.  Just wondering, Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 001.jpg
  • Picture 003.jpg
  • Picture 004.jpg

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:09 PM

Does it run at higher rpm? And it looks nice and smooth were the snow travels threw it. That makes a huge difference. If there is any obstruction like rust or dings that will hurt the performance. Im not a  huge blower fan. I like plowing snow lots better.

• propane1 said thank you

#3 Enginerod OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1748
  • 203 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:55 PM

I don't have one but I have read they have tighter tolerances between the secondary impeller and the blower housing, and the secondary impeller spins faster than other blowers.

• superaben and propane1 have said thanks