Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for April 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#16 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 02:46 PM

Doug, What a great job you did saving this special tractor. Nice job buddy !!

Did anyone else use the steering wheel? Another brand?

Thanks, the one that is on it works just not the right one, someday I'll come across one somewhere.

Edited by DH1, March 04, 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 02:49 PM

Do you have a picture of right one?

#18 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 03:05 PM

Do you have a picture of right one?

No, I have 2 other MF12s that have nice steering wheels on them, but to take a steering wheel off 1 nice tractor for another nice tractor not worth the risk to me, these have hollow steering shafts on them.
Originally I wanted the 66 to have polished aluminum dash, nose ring and center steering wheel cap, bought a cap off of "olcowhand" for it.
Someday I'll come across a good steering wheel for it and then I'll have the look I wanted.

#19 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 09:40 PM

Guys Feature tractor of the month is open to all members, new members and those who have being around for a while.
It's the story that makes the tractor so, NOMINATE your tractor and tell it's story, that's what it's all about here.

I am still at a loss when the tractor nominations come around each month. Everybody on this site has at least one tractor, but for whatever reason some months the nominations are slow coming in. If you have a tractor that you are proud of, by all means nominate it. And the most important thing that DH1 posted, if you are a member you can nominate your tractor. I have never voted for my tractors when they were up for voting, but was just glad to have them considered.
And last but not least, Doug you did a fantastic job on the Massey. I don't want to scare anybody from nominating, but you have set the bar pretty high.

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 09:46 PM

My issue is I don't have my tractors fixed up to my standards and the ones that are I can't get out for a decent pic! If you work in an shop that is a converted house, you have problems like that.

#21 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:52 PM

I wish I had more tractor ready but the 4855 is really taking up all my time.
I will be ready when we have the 4x4 month though.:-))))))

#22 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 11:04 PM

I wish I had more tractor ready but the 4855 is really taking up all my time.
I will be ready when we have the 4x4 month though.:-))))))

If there is ever an electric tractor month I am ready....almost lol.

#23 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 07:24 AM

I will through my hat into the ring.

I started off with a Sears Suburban 12 and implements about 3 years ago. I did my first garden with this setup and got addicted to Garden tractors because of it. I was looking around on craigslist and ebay for something else to pop up that i just had to have. A firend and i were talking one day and i told him that i was looking for more GTs, he told me about one he had seen at another persons house. He said it was a Snapper, i did not know at the time snapper made GTs, so we went and looked at it. Well it was love at first site. We left and got his trailer and my suburban so we could pull the snapper out of the barn and onto the trailer. We rushed back and I gave the guy what he wanted for it and loaded up. We got it to my house and unloaded it down at my little shop. I put a little gas in the tank and pulled the battery out of the suburban to put into the snapper. I hit the key and she fired right up and drove herself up the ramp and into the shop.

All the sheet metal came off for cleaning and painting, The original engine had been changed out to a Kohler 18 Magnum by the PO, the oil in it was still fresh. I found a three point hitch on ebay and installed that on it. I put new tires all the way around. I built new lower lift arms that would fit my Sears implements. I have tried several different top links to find the right combination for tractor and implements. I finally have everything working in harmony now. I also got the original mowing deck and i am rebuilding it at this time. I use this tractor every chance I get. It Pulls like a mule and purrs like a kitten. It has taken a while for me to get everything working like its supposed to but now that i have she is my favorite. She always cranks up and does what i ask of her. This was my first attempt at painting so its a worker and not a looker.

I will get some action shots today.

Attached Thumbnails

• th_DSCF1912.jpg
  • th_DSCF1897.jpg
  • DSCF1895.jpg
  • th_DSCF1968.jpg
  • th_DSCF1969.jpg
  • th_DSCF1967.jpg

#24 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:07 AM

Very Nice tractor Coldone, Great find. I really want one of those Snapper/Massey Ferguson's, I think they look awesome. Cool save.

#25 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Coldone that's a nice one someday I'm going to get me one of those Massey/Snapper's, they usually go for a good buck.
Brian nominate one of your tractors, you show lot's of them in your signature.

#26 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Nice tractor coldone

#27 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,175 Thanks
  • 1,726 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:08 PM

Last month was the first time that I voted on the tractor of the month so I'm really new at this.
I see in the guide lines that the winner of each months voting can not re-enter that tractor for a year.
So .. how about those that did not win ?
Can they be re-entered at any time ?

#28 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:49 PM

I nominate my 1966 sears suburban 12.

I got this tractor last year in trade for a vangard V twin. When I got it one tire was flate it had the wrong S/G on it and didnt have any spark.
DSCI0649.jpg A few months later I had it running after putting a new automotive style coil on it. After that, it was a battery ignition and I couldnt run it very long otherwise it would loose spark. So, I started on the hunt for a GOOD S/G and I found one in the hands of a fellow member. He gave me a GREAT deal on the S/G and I got it a few weeks after.
DSCI0060.jpg
About 2 months after I bought a 1967 sears custom. I then built a plow for the custom. I didnt like the way the custom handled the plow so, I started on a project to make the plow fit the suburban. Since the suburban didnt have a frame mounted lift for a deck ect I had to make my own. It took all of ONE night and I had made the lift. It now works GREAT! It is a 48in dozer blade from the junk yard.
DSCI0078.jpg

Is that long enough?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCI0079.jpg
  • DSCI0650.jpg
  • sears 1.jpg

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Last month was the first time that I voted on the tractor of the month so I'm really new at this.
I see in the guide lines that the winner of each months voting can not re-enter that tractor for a year.
So .. how about those that did not win ?
Can they be re-entered at any time ?

Yep, sure can. Non-winning tractors can be entered as often as you like, providing there aren't any "special" requirements for that month's competition.

#30 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:21 PM

Yep, sure can. Non-winning tractors can be entered as often as you like, providing there aren't any "special" requirements for that month's competition.

I have yet to see a "special" requirement month. How does one predict the month and the requirement in it? Be nice to know ahead of time so those that aren't prepared for the month know to get prepared.