Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted January 05, 2015 - 07:44 PM

My boss is working on a Leroi Air Compressor run by a John Deere diesel ( I'm guessing inport ) mid eighties he said . At some point someone installed a Magneton Type 443113516765 alternator . Now the problem is the connector/wiring was hacked .  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this alternator ?  Has B1, W1  , D1  labled on the terminals .  Thanks Al

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 05, 2015 - 11:31 PM

Does it have a normal tractor "T" connector with two little spade terminals and then two studs (Asian and American style), or is it the European style that I have never understood perfectly? 

You can call Chestnut Hill Auto Electric, talk to Harvey.  That man is sharper than a tack on anything related to starters or alternators.  Tell him I sent you.

Phone number (717) 445-4516

Ben W.

• MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted January 06, 2015 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Ben I will have to talk more with my boss , to see what he's working with . After posting this I was thinking he's still might need to know the color code of the harness . I would think there would be a pretty big wire to charge the battery but from the little info I found one is used for a tach and the other the field wire .