• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• Member No: 2212
  • 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:29 AM

I will get some better pics of the hitch for ya as soon as I pull it out from winter hibernation, it seems to be original, wish I could find the mowing deck for this old tank.
  • Dennisjeax said thank you

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:37 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11032[/ATTACH]This is the best pic I have of the hitch.

You know, someone could have fabed the hitch to use WH attachments. I would look closely at it and see if it looks factory

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 11:02 AM

JD, I may have a small mower deck that someone put under one of my Horses before I bought it. I will check and see if it is tonight, if so you can have it if we can figure out how to get it to you.

Where are you located at?

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:50 PM

I can tell that the hitch is not original, but done acceptably. As for the mower deck it bolts on in 4 spots and is run off a belt like a lot of other gt. there should be at the front of the tractor a slot and 2 odd idler pulleys where the mower deck belt passes thru and folds to go to the mower. I will try and get pics of this at some point.

#20 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:07 PM

Nice old tractor and a good deal. Can't wait to see it restored.

#21 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 04:36 PM

JD, I may have a small mower deck that someone put under one of my Horses before I bought it. I will check and see if it is tonight, if so you can have it if we can figure out how to get it to you.

Where are you located at?

Upstate NY 15 minutes from Canada, LOL That would be awesome, but I bet shipping would be a killer.

#22 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 12:59 PM

That tractor is rare, believe me, I spent couple years looking for one for myself. Mine is only a 7.25 HP and missing the starter system and rear fenders. I spent I think $200 on mine. I'd be interested to look at your tractor closer. PM me if you need help on it. I am a collector of Quick MFG tractors, and have tons of information/parts.

where are you located, ur welcome to stop by anytime. The only thing I would like to find out is the original paint color and possibly a manual if there is one available. Planning a full resto come spring. Thanks

#23 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 01:14 PM

Great looking tractor. I have never seen one. Great deal, congrats.

#24 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:22 PM

where are you located, ur welcome to stop by anytime. The only thing I would like to find out is the original paint color and possibly a manual if there is one available. Planning a full resto come spring. Thanks

I am located in West Virginia. I am not sure the paint code because I am just going to get mine color-matched at an auto paint store since mine was indoors most of it's life, all it needs is the top of the hood redone where the paint is missing lol. Then it needs new belts and a starter/generator system, plus tubes for the front tires. I have a manual to the Toro which is set up the same for the engine orientation, and you can get Springfield and Toro manuals for these old tractors, not sure about under the Wards name, but all you need is close enough. I will look for one on ebay later today for ya.

#25 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:00 PM

ok, I was wondering if you guys think this is the original color ? it doesn't look like it's been repainted but i have never seen another like it to compare it to. I am just planning on using it a couple times a summer with the cultivators and after that i will be just using it as a yard buggy. I would also like to get a set of rear ag tires for it as the originals are weather cracked bad.

#26 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:13 PM

It is 100% the correct color. Mine is that same golden coloring. The rear tires are a unique tread used on a lot of the sears of the era. If you want to part with those tires let me know. As for ags I would like to recommend you looking into a nice 24x8-12 or 25x8-12 (more common) as there are numerous treads available at better pricing than ags sometimes. Also, if you do go ags try to steer clear of Deestone, the tread is narrow normally, but not a bad tire, just go wider.

#27 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:15 PM

It is 100% the correct color. Mine is that same golden coloring. The rear tires are a unique tread used on a lot of the sears of the era. If you want to part with those tires let me know. As for ags I would like to recommend you looking into a nice 24x8-12 or 25x8-12 (more common) as there are numerous treads available at better pricing than ags sometimes. Also, if you do go ags try to steer clear of Deestone, the tread is narrow normally, but not a bad tire, just go wider.

ATV tires, thats the deal on tires, if you look around there are good deals on great tread patterns that are deeper than GT ags. A lot of the GT guys are making the jump to ATV tires, including me.

#28 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 04:59 PM

I am gonna replace the tires (dry&cracked) pretty bad. I would like something the same height and width. I want an aggressive tread for pulling the cultivators in the garden. I will check out the atv tires I got some 26" mudders on my 660 grizzly I just cant imagine it on the MW.

#29 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:13 PM

I am gonna replace the tires (dry&cracked) pretty bad. I would like something the same height and width. I want an aggressive tread for pulling the cultivators in the garden. I will check out the atv tires I got some 26" mudders on my 660 grizzly I just cant imagine it on the MW.

definitely go with an 8 or 8.5 inch tire width because the rims are 7 inch bead width. I say just look thru the ATV tire size of 24x8-12, it will have a similar rolling diameter, and not look out of place. As for dry and cracked tires, I am the guy that grabs them up because they are still good! (I am a tire collector too lol)

#30 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 09:40 PM

Was there lights on these tractors from the factory? mine has 2 holes on the first cross bar on the grill, if so any idea on what style?