#1 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 11:18 AM

I'm trying to Figure Out The Hour Meter on my Newly Aquired Cub Cadet 169. I went to the Cub Sites and got the info on "How It Works", how to read the 3 colored meter arrows, but can't find a Wire Diagram for it or any tips on testing it, I just posted a short video on You Tube so i can show you guys, hoping to get some advice from you. thanks, DanO'

YouTube - Cub Cadet Hour Meter

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 11:48 AM

Dan, I can't help you, I have never seen one like that. Did you ever find the third hand?

#3 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for looking anyway...Regarding that 3rd hand..The Yellow Hand is Very hard to see because the increment marker lines are also Yellow. I think I can see it at 400 hours but just Not positively sure. It has to be there because if it broke off, I'd see it sitting at the bottom of the Glass case & I don't...I'm tempted to try to unscrew the glass besel off the face of the meter but don't want to trash it. Gotta Pull that Gas tank out & get back there with a test meter to see if it's got juice going to it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Meter2.jpg
  • Meter3.jpg

Edited by DanO, March 03, 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#4 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 12:32 PM

I don't have any info but it looks like I can see the yellow hand gap (the cut in the round center of the hand, you can see the red cut also) at the 3 oclock positiion which would put the pointer at almost 12 oclock.
  • DanO said thank you

#5 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 01:22 PM

I think you're right Bud, thanks, I just copied the Pic to the desktop & zoomed in on it and I can see the needel at about 12 oclock, which would mean 600 hours...So, my next question is, Does that mean it's Maxed out at 600 Hours? & stopped or does it restart at 0 or what????????? I'm realy puzzled by this...I never had a tractor with an Hour meter before, I'm planning on restoring this tractor & would love to have this working so i can use it to Log maintenance intervals.

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 07:50 PM

That meter is very cool , hope it works you.

#7 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 04:29 PM

Update on Hour Meter : Well I pulled it off and found a two wire connector on the back, but oddly, there was only one wire going to the coil, the other was NOT connected to anything, inly 2 inches long & NOT frayed at all..However it had Juice coming through it...I found out that it was meant to be hooked up to an electric PTO to keep a Maintenance record on that, as well as the engine...so I'm Told, I realy don't know for sure???? Anyway, the problem with mine was just a Bad grounded case, I added a Ground strap to the mounting bracket Bolt and that white needle took off!! Here's a link to a Follow up video of it working. Now I can Change all the Fluids and start a Maintenance Log Book on the 169.
YouTube - Cub Cadet Hour Meter Update

#8 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 06:09 PM

Nice you got it going again. That's a handy piece. You can now change the fluids & do maint when you're supposed to.