#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 10:37 PM

Heard on the local and national news tonight that the strain of flu going around is not resistant to the flu shot that some of us received. They still suggest that you receive a flu shot because if you contract type A flu it will lessen the effects of it. They also suggest that you wash hands frequently and avoid contact with people if at all possible. Seeing Tomanytoys post about his son prompted me to write this. Please stay as safe as you can this flu season.                                                                         Roger.

• daytime dave, Alc, KennyP and 11 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 10:45 PM

Very serious here in my part of the world. When we were here last night the dr said the hospital is full of older people and young kids in serious shape because of this flu. My wife's friends little boy has been in the hospital for 4 days because of the flu as well.

sister in law came down with A. She lost 9 lbs and was seriously sick.
  • Alc, hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 11:12 PM

I'm still fighting the upper respiratory infection now. When I went to the local clinic on Tuesday they said they had 50 walk in patients the day before and that day was going to beat that number.                                                                                                                                                 Roger

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 03:33 AM

I had a particularly virulent virus for the last few weeks which dampened the Christmas Festivities but fortunately my wife and the lads have not been infected. Now got an eye infection due to the virus coming out. The good news is that I have lost weight! There's a flu epidemic over here in the UK and a lot of people have been infected one way or the other.
  • Alc, hamman, tractorgarden and 1 other said thanks

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 08:01 AM

Same around here. In my family and circle of friends a lot of older folks have been down with a bad cough and a fever. The cough seems to linger for weeks and cause a lot of sleepless nights and pulled muscles etc. 

• hamman said thank you

#6 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 925 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 10:21 AM

I got my flu shot a few days ago sure did make my arm sore. I hope it will help. Being an old guy its hard to recover from the  flu.

• hamman said thank you

#7 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 12:40 PM

When your neighbour gets the flu its a "virus going 'round"  When YOU get the flu its a "epidemic"  Another vaccine to consider is for  SHINGLES. I was not familiar at all with the virus until a  few years ago when suddenly I knew of  4 people suffering horrendously from the effects of shingles.  Shingles can lay you out for weeks$$$ and the virus can continue to hang in for months. The shot is recommended for folks over 50.  

• hamman and Cvans have said thanks

#8 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 12:42 PM

I got my Shingles shot nearly two years ago. Great point to bring it up Jazz.  Thanks for reminding us.                                                                 Roger