We will be thinking and praying , please keep up posted

• tinbender7 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#19 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 10:51 AM

I've always felt like folks in health care are special people. It seems like any more with the present health care issues we don't have the peace & assurance from a report like we use too. Nothing wrong with a second opinion. Still praying for a good report.
  • tinbender7 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#20 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 11:11 AM

I've always felt like folks in health care are special people. It seems like any more with the present health care issues we don't have the peace & assurance from a report like we use too. Nothing wrong with a second opinion. Still praying for a good report.

this is what my wife said. He looked at him for 10 seconds and said everything was fine. She didnt feel that was enough to reassure her it was fine.

He is going to his regular dr at 130.

Ill post what we hear.
  • tinbender7, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#21 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 11:22 AM

Being married to someone in the medical field I have heard many times that an infants stats can change extremely fast in either direction, so keep an eye on that little one. They are tough and can rebound from illness with amazing speed. 

Best of luck to you and our prayers are with you.

• Alc, tinbender7, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 11:53 AM

praying that both reports are good and this is one of those child hood things. If it is repetitive, look into tonsils as a culprit . Ryan had to have his out and has been overall very healthy since.
  • tinbender7, Sawdust and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#23 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 12:00 PM

As Sawdust said "nothing wrong with a second opinion"  Hope all is well, those little ones can throw a scare in you all to often.  Keep us posted.

• tinbender7, Sawdust and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#24 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 02:02 PM

Looks like everything is fine. Dr said his soft spot is larger. He said every baby is different. Being larger makes it more noticeable. They are going to give him an ultra sound just to be sure. Which my wife is pleased with so they can be 100% sure.

Also we filed a complaint with the ceo of the hospital about the ER Dr last night and his 10 second exam. The pediatric dr also signed off on our complaint stating that a complete exam should of been conducted regardless of his thoughts
  • KennyP, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#25 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 02:25 PM

Also we filed a complaint with the ceo of the hospital about the ER Dr

This is an excellent move on your part. Many hospitals are cutting cost by using "rent a doctors" and often the end results are not good.  Another thing you can do is find out who the Chief of staff is and have a visit with that person. The one time I did this changes were made shortly afterwards. I would guess that others had complained also.

Another thing that would help a lot is if Hospital management were required to work one shift a month in the OR, ER, and Med Surg. units. Too many never leave their offices and loose contact with whats happening with patient care in their facility.  :(

Edited by Cvans, January 02, 2015 - 02:28 PM.

• tinbender7, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#26 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 02:59 PM

This is an excellent move on your part. Many hospitals are cutting cost by using "rent a doctors" and often the end results are not good. Another thing you can do is find out who the Chief of staff is and have a visit with that person. The one time I did this changes were made shortly afterwards. I would guess that others had complained also.
Another thing that would help a lot is if Hospital management were required to work one shift a month in the OR, ER, and Med Surg. units. Too many never leave their offices and loose contact with whats happening with patient care in their facility. :(

I don't think anyone can be too careful when it comes to their health. A good friend of mine went to the ER for pain in his side. ER doctor told him it was just a stomach ache take some peptide go to bed. He woke up in extreme pain his appendix ruptured and he did not survive.

In our case the boy was probably fine but it was concerning to us. He should of conducted an exam. What if it wasn't fine. What if we would of taken him home and something bad happened?

I wanted to state my case to someone at the hospital so someone doesn't get worse because of his lazy disposition. Hopefully something is done about him. ER doctors here aren't employees of the hospital it contracted.
  • MH81, tinbender7, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 03:42 PM

This is an excellent move on your part. Many hospitals are cutting cost by using "rent a doctors" and often the end results are not good.  Another thing you can do is find out who the Chief of staff is and have a visit with that person. The one time I did this changes were made shortly afterwards. I would guess that others had complained also.

Another thing that would help a lot is if Hospital management were required to work one shift a month in the OR, ER, and Med Surg. units. Too many never leave their offices and loose contact with whats happening with patient care in their facility.  :(

Amen Brother, Amen. At least as a " ride along" type day. Chris for President!

• tinbender7, Cvans and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#28 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 08:32 PM

That's good news, now you & your family can relax & get some rest. Thanks for sharing.
  • Cvans and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#29 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 03:34 PM

Glad to hear he is ok. Glad you made a complaint too. Some doctors just shouldn't be doctors.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you