• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nevrdun OFFLINE  

Nevrdun

• Member No: 1742
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 06:18 PM

I have a MF14 that I will start a light restoration to get it back operational in late January. I was able to secure a 630 Dozer blade. I know that the 530 is the correct one for the 14. I can live with the blade being 6" narrower, where I could use some help is getting dimensions from a 530 so I can convert the 630 to fit the 14. I know the lift brackets are different and the rear angled brackets are longer and possibly different angle; I could use dimensions for those. (I assume the center tube is the same on both for the moment)  I'm not sure if the pivot control arm is in the same location or not and I can't tell from the 630 manual if the lift brackets are welded to the cross bar. It appears that they might be and that they don't hang vertically down. I think they have to accommodate a certain amount of horizontal movement in the lift arm connected to the hydraulic cylinder, which I'm guessing is what the slots are for.  I hope to create a sketch of the dimensions I need this weekend.  Any photos of a 630 blade unattached / attached would also be helpful.

I have never used the hydraulic lift while blading but it would seem somewhat awkward since you would need to have your left hand for the hydraulic lever and right for the speed control which leaves the steering wheel free unless I grow another arm. (also never mowed with the 14 yet)  Maybe its not that big of deal when your actually doing it and just appears to be a bit of a design flaw. I have a foot pedal from a 1655 and had seen where someone had converted a 14 or 16 to foot control. Any guidance there would be appreciated as well.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#2 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 06:53 PM

I hope this photo will help you out, this is the blade I have on my 14. I was not able to find any tags on it and with the welding that was done by the prior owner I think it is a 630 also. Copy of 100_1024.jpg . The lift arm was welded on and the attachment at the back was welded to make it longer. It is buried in my shed so I cant get any pictures or measurements right now. As far as using it with both controls, after a little while I was use to running both controls with same hand but I was going slow speed wise.

• NUTNDUN and Nevrdun have said thanks

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 07:10 PM

Going by that pic it does look like a MF630 blade modified to fit the MF14. Shouldn't be hard to modify the OP's blade if it is only the rear mounting plate that needs extended and the lifting point.

esbbent, is your directional lever in a comfortable spot when it is mounted? ie; Not too far forward or backwards?

• Nevrdun said thank you

#4 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 07:14 PM

The first time I used it the directional lever was mounted perfect, plenty of room and easy to reach and move forward or back for the angle. It took me a minute to figure out what the other piece was in the picture by the mount, realized it is a bungie cord from my trailer.

• Nevrdun said thank you

#5 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 07:16 PM

Here is a picture of it mounted of the right side of the tractor and the directional handle is next to the hydro handle. 100_1470.jpg

• Nevrdun said thank you