• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 05:23 PM

Here in west Texas all the 3rd party service companies like casing crews, cementers, fuel delivery trucks are not running because of the ice on the roads and forecast to get more in the next day or two.  I'm not a big fan of cold weather, I just couldn't imagine 0 temps for 2 months.  Can't wait for spring, summer and fall. 

#32 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 06:59 PM

You guys from Texas are just wimpy :biggrin:

I hate winter and hate snow as much as anyone. But even in ohio I remember not seeing above 20 degrees for weeks at a time with occasional lows in the singles. That was an average winter for us. Usually a few feet of snow fall over each month.

Now that is tame for some folks.

Last year was horrible for us. I heard on the news by this time last year we already had 36" of snow fall. So far this year we have had zero!

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 01, 2015 - 07:00 PM.

• Kmac1 said thank you

#33 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 08:32 PM

You know its cold when you have to plug your vehicle in even when its parked in the non heated non insulated garage. You open the door to go outside and the air turns white around you from the warm air of the house leaving. The worst is that your nervous to go take a leak outside for fear of you know what getting frostbite. If your fearful of that happening then you know its cold out. LOL

• Alc, KennyP and Kmac1 have said thanks

#34 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 08:58 PM

You guys from Texas are just wimpy :biggrin:

I hate winter and hate snow as much as anyone. But even in ohio I remember not seeing above 20 degrees for weeks at a time with occasional lows in the singles. That was an average winter for us. Usually a few feet of snow fall over each month.

Now that is tame for some folks.

Last year was horrible for us. I heard on the news by this time last year we already had 36" of snow fall. So far this year we have had zero!

Actually I'm not from Texas, but from Oklahoma.  biggrin Texans may be wimpy, Okies are not.  So what can you add to this.  You know its cold when:  You go outside to check your thermometer and all you find is a note  "Gone south for the Winter".  You see your dog stuck to a tree with his leg hiked. etc.  Anyway stay warm.

• KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#35 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 10:02 PM

Actually I'm not from Texas, but from Oklahoma. biggrin Texans may be wimpy, Okies are not. So what can you add to this. You know its cold when: You go outside to check your thermometer and all you find is a note "Gone south for the Winter". You see your dog stuck to a tree with his leg hiked. etc. Anyway stay warm.

You guys have all that wind. At least that's what I learned from that song. I think it sweeps down the plains
  • Kmac1 said thank you

#36 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 06:43 AM

You guys have all that wind. At least that's what I learned from that song. I think it sweeps down the plains

It's them big whirlwinds we have to watch out for!

• Kmac1 said thank you

#37 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 06:21 PM

Got to -36C last night, -26 today for a high, but sunny. Wind was nasty though.

#38 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 06:44 PM

We started the day raining at 53, stopped raining at 11am and the temps started dropping.
Wind picked up and now it's down to 35. We took advantage of the lack of falling moisture to get some wood split and stacked and a load of dry stuff up to the house.