coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 09:25 PM

I think $100-$150 range would be a reasonable price (of course i am a tightwad and want it for $50). I would also suggest beefing up the areas that are prone to cracking.

I have not seen anyone make a mold and cast fiberglass before. Very interesting and my hats off to you and your Dad.

#17 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 09:50 PM

I've just used fiberglass repair kits to fix minor stuff,but this what your doing is way beyond what I can do.Very interesting thats for sure.Will be nice to see what a finished one looks like. Larry

#18 jscam OFFLINE  

jscam

• Member No: 1902
  • 21 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Looks great! A note on the decal............a friend of mind has a striping and lettering business. With his computer, if you have a picture of the old decals.....he can scan it, make any adjustments needed thru the computer and make a copy. Just a thought if you have someone in your area that does that.

#19 cadman68 OFFLINE  

cadman68

• Member No: 137
  • 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Been a few weeks since i was able to work on the dash......this past weekend we layed a test dash in the mold without gel coat so its just raw fiberglass, just to see how well the mold would do. Turned out fairly good, need to work on the gauge areas and then i am going to lay one with gel coat and hopefully have a nice black final dash to use.....fingers crossed of course. I am thinking of taking the unused gauge impression completely out of the dash but still am undecided.

pic of inside mold after the glass was layed...waiting for it to cure

dash10.jpg

and another of the dash in uncoated raw fiberglass....the final product will have a black gel coat

dash12.jpg

This was a quickie mainly to make sure everything looked good and to touch up any final areas needing attention before doing the final black dash.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 07:54 PM

This was a quickie mainly to make sure everything looked good and to touch up any final areas needing attention before doing the final black dash.

What do you mean final? You got a lot of takers if you want them :poke: :D

Looks like it will definitely work. I would think if you don't plan on having a gauge then eliminating the second hole would be alright but I would have an ammeter and an hour meter.

#21 cadman68 OFFLINE  

cadman68

• Member No: 137
  • 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 12:12 PM

haha nut.....i mean final as in hopefully there won't be any more kinks to work out and i will have a finished product so to speak. If it looks good i will be glad to make more of course. Yes i think i will keep the extra gauge depression if nothing else to try to keep it as original as possible and have had a few people tell me, as you have, that they use the other gauge depression.