#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:00 PM

went out first this morning to meet up with another member here (trowel)  to pick up a sickle bar mower, thank again jesse !!!! cant thank you enough for this.  while there shooting the $%IT with jesse I get a call from a guy I know wanting to know if I am still looking for a hit-miss engine.  stupid question there!!!!!! of course I am, he picked up a cement mixer that had an int harvester eng on it, turned out to be throttle governed but for $250 complete I could not get the $$ out of my pocket fast enough.  go home to get my trailer and get the mixer and when I get home the power company is here taking the tree down in the front yard, we have been after them for two years to take it down.

OK I am done, I have just have had a great day today !!! best in a loooooooooong time.  hope everyone else is having a good x-mass and new years as well.

Pete

Attached Thumbnails

• international enigine 001.JPG
  • international enigine 005.JPG
  • international enigine 007.JPG
  • international enigine 009.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 8 others have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:04 PM

Man they cut it up for ya too! Sounds like you did have a good day.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hey, your saw blade is even happy... :D
  • pigsitter said thank you

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Wow...you beat my day all to heck!  My fave is the sickle mower, but the engine is great as well!

#5 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:45 PM

Great score on the hit n miss!!  Always good to here somebody had a great day. :thumbs:

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 06:25 PM

went out first this morning to meet up with another member here (trowel)  to pick up a sickle bar mower, thank again jesse !!!! cant thank you enough for this.  while there shooting the $%IT with jesse I get a call from a guy I know wanting to know if I am still looking for a hit-miss engine.  stupid question there!!!!!! of course I am, he picked up a cement mixer that had an int harvester eng on it, turned out to be throttle governed but for $250 complete I could not get the $$ out of my pocket fast enough.  go home to get my trailer and get the mixer and when I get home the power company is here taking the tree down in the front yard, we have been after them for two years to take it down.

OK I am done, I have just have had a great day today !!! best in a loooooooooong time.  hope everyone else is having a good x-mass and new years as well.

Pete

Always good to see you Pete,

Nice score on the IH engine ! looks all there.

I did tell you if I was ever going to sell it, it would be to you. I am glad it found a good home were it will be used and appreciated.

• MH81 said thank you

#7 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 07:10 PM

Looks to have been a great day, Pete! Glad to see you finally came across the engine you were after.

#8 Tomwendt OFFLINE  

Tomwendt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 27676
  • 119 Thanks
  • 129 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 08:49 PM

you made out great.nice score.

#9 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 09:02 PM

the engine is an international harvester throttle governed engine, played with it or a bit tonight and got good blue spark and some blue smoke out of the exhaust, not running yet.  probably tomorrow.  The guy I got it from says he has the valve covers for it so I got a score !!!!! complete engine for $250.  has been a super day, even the 8%O(U^&^$ guy that called and offered me $400 for my wheel horse could not have ruined this day.

Pete

#10 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 10:09 PM

Looks like a great day. I like that IH engine too. Hopefully you can get it running easily. My brother just got an IHC engine today but it's nowhere near as nice as the one you have.