• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 projectnut OFFLINE  

projectnut

• Member No: 5067
  • 25 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 11:54 AM

I was looking through the documentation I got when I purchased my Case 224 a few years ago. One of the things I got was what I assume to be the original owners manual. I was looking through the maintenance section when I noticed the recommended time and hour interval for changing the hydraulic oil.

It stated the hydraulic oil was to be changed every 50 hours or annually. This seems to be a very short interval for a machine that has an oil cooler. All the other machines I have that use a hydraulic system recommend a change interval of around 500 hours or more.

As a reference I downloaded the Case 224 Owners Manual from the "Manuals" section on this site. It also shows a 500 hour change interval. Does anyone know if there were major changes in the hydraulic system between 1980 (the year my tractor was built) and 1984 (the year of the Case 224 manual in the "Manuals" section of this site).

I'm hoping either the manual I have is either from a much earlier tractor, or there's a misprint as far as the hydraulic oil change interval is concerned.

#2 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:37 PM

I'am no expert but it don't take long to rack up 50 hours on a tractor,sounds like a misprint  maybe they meant to change after the first 50 hours of running that would make sense.

#3 nlpoole OFFLINE  

nlpoole
  • Member No: 67865
  • 6 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 11:30 AM

Probably didn't have filters and or could be miss printed! Doesn't take long for oil to get dirt without filters