90 replies to this topic

#31 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 07:15 PM

So more like the setup that stamps car parts? I'm familiar with that type of setup. Thanks and keep up the good work, your dad should be very proud of you.
  • TenPn said thank you

#32 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted January 23, 2015 - 09:07 PM

Yep exactly like stamping car parts, good way to put it actually.  the nice thing about it is now that I have this figures out I can make a few extra's and stick them on e-bay :D use that $$ to buy more parts for my own tractors, I used to make light bars for these allis tractors.  did pretty well for awhile, I should make more.  Thanks guys for the kind words, this has been a challenge, the tractor really has been whupped pretty bad, I had to go out back and tear apart another bgb for the input shaft toninte.  the one in dads had gotten loose at some point or another and was worn out just enough to make me nervous.

It should be brand new when I am done, we did the motor last summer and had the rear transaxle was rebuilt last winter so it should be good for another 50 years after this.

I think I am busted as well !!!!!!  didn't figure dad would be on here snooping around while they were in new mexico but I heard a rumor he has seen this thread so ------  I will wait and see if he chimes in.

Pete

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#33 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 08:53 PM

Weekends are good !!!!  I got allot done this weekend.  all the big stuff is painted and home and I even started to re assemble stuff.  took the clutch apart, cleaned it all up and fixed the holes.  should have it painted tomorrow and re-assemble on tue.  I ordered the decal set the other day.  now comes the fun part, putting everything back together.

Pete

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 009.JPG
  • 010.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, VintageIronCollector, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#34 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted January 26, 2015 - 09:09 PM

Bushings and bolts are in now, re-bushed the front spindle's and started to re-assemble.  I had to fix the steering it was worn out badly and there were no bushings in there to replace, put it in a lathe and bored it out to be able to put oil-lite bushings in there. put new bushings in the rear axle hub.  now it is all tightened up and ready to go.  I also added a bushing in the back of the front axle assembly to hopefully stop the wear and tear that is typical on these tractors.

I ordered all the stainless hardware from stainlesstown.com they were great, reasonable and super fast ship.

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 008.JPG

Edited by petrj6, January 27, 2015 - 05:50 AM.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, B10Dave and 4 others have said thanks

#35 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 04:44 PM

I ordered all the stainless hardware from stainlesstown.com they were great, reasonable and super fast ship.

how much it cost to get all stainless?

#36 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 04:46 PM

Got the new voltmeter in today, looks great and I got a good deal on two of them from e-bay so I am happy.  not doing to much work on the tractor now, to fkn cold out there.  I cant keep the garage warm enough in this cold. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002 (5).JPG

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, VintageIronCollector and 2 others have said thanks

#37 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 04:58 PM

Your work is impressive to say the least. Your Dad should be really surprised when he see what you have done over the winter for him.

#38 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 06:37 PM

Assembly looking good!

#39 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted January 31, 2015 - 05:50 PM

I LEFT THE PILOT BEARING OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!  not sure how I missed it but when I re-assembled the BGB I left the pilot bearing out of there, doing more assy work today and when I treid to put the driveshaft in I noticed the input shaft was very loose !! had to tear it apart and put the bearing back in there.  how did I miss that ??  Luckily I got the seals out and found the bearing in the other BGB I have.  Stupid thing to do but at least I noticed it and fixed it before I put the tractor back into service.  Pics to come.

Pete

• Texas Deere and Horse and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#40 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 10:58 AM

Pete; did you use nylon, delrin or what to make the rear front axle bushing?...Dave

• petrj6 said thank you

#41 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 11:55 AM

Dave, I am not really positive what I used.  I am almost positive it is nylon, we use this stuff all the time at work for making bushings and wear plates for the sandblast conveyors and it is super durable.  I just grabbed a leftover piece to make the bushing.

Pete

• B10Dave said thank you

#42 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:43 PM

whoops !!!!!!!  I got my new decal set today and was super exited, I ordered it from maple hunter decals and they are great.  I mean these things are very nice decals.  the trouble I have is that a few years ago I ordered a set of decals for my big ten that I am going to restore eventually.  I got the other decal set out and viola I had two of the same decal sets.  how can this happen ??  oh well I am going to list this set on e-bay and buy the correct big ten set.

I highly recommend maple hunter decals, they are very impressive. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG

• Alc, VintageIronCollector and Gabriel have said thanks

#43 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 09:05 PM

whoops !!!!!!!  I got my new decal set today and was super exited, I ordered it from maple hunter decals and they are great.  I mean these things are very nice decals.  the trouble I have is that a few years ago I ordered a set of decals for my big ten that I am going to restore eventually.  I got the other decal set out and viola I had two of the same decal sets.  how can this happen ??  oh well I am going to list this set on e-bay and buy the correct big ten set.

I highly recommend maple hunter decals, they are very impressive. 

so if this is the early b10 why are you going to bumble b10 decals? Just like the style more?

#44 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 05:59 AM

Yes, dad liked the bumble b-10 decal set so that is what I got for it.

Pete

• Alc and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#45 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Looking very nice. I'am sure your Dad will really like the new Tractor.