• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:21 AM

Time to post an update. I got the cylinders back yesterday. Once I got home from work and changed in to garage clothes I went out and got them mounted back up. I knew it would make an improvement but I wasn't sure if it would solve my whole issue. I am happy to report I can now lift actual weight with the front end loader now. The Massey 1655 is in the back of the garage and I didn't want to move a bunch of stuff to get it outside and really test it. I did however get it fired up at idle, turned the PTO on to run the external hydraulic pump and I cycled the cylinders a couple of times and topped off the reservoir. You could tell just during cycling it was a huge difference. Once it was topped off with fluid I stood on the bucket and dad moved the main lift lever and it picked me up without missing a beat at idle. It never would have done that before. I am curious to see how it does once the fluid would get up to temp though. I will try and get it out this weekend and play in the dirt :D

• Alc, KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:50 AM

Glad you got it going again. Bet it does pretty well!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic cylinder repair