got the hydro filter off today with no problems, since the filter is no longer available i feel like i have nothing to loose, so i used some black silicone rtv, to try and seal up the leak i have between the nut looking fitting on the one side and the actual side of the canister. I used some gasoline to clean the area before applying the silicone. Im going to leave it sit a couple days and then maybe try it out....hopefully it will work..
That filter is on the pressure side of your hydraulics. Any possible repair should have been a weld or use JB Weld. Still, best to change it out completely. Talk with Bob (above post) on that $10 filter mount and go with those screw on filters that work like those found on a car/truck engine. Have Bob match the filter you need. The change over will require rerouting the supply line from the hydro pump (a longer hydraulic hose).