• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 12:47 AM

got the hydro filter off today with no problems, since the filter is no longer available i feel like i have nothing to loose, so i used some black silicone rtv, to try and seal up the leak i have between the nut looking fitting on the one side and the actual side of the canister. I used some gasoline to clean the area before applying the silicone. Im going to leave it sit a couple days and then maybe try it out....hopefully it will work..

That filter is on the pressure side of your hydraulics. Any possible repair should have been a weld or use JB Weld. Still, best to change it out completely. Talk with Bob (above post) on that $10 filter mount and go with those screw on filters that work like those found on a car/truck engine. Have Bob match the filter you need. The change over will require rerouting the supply line from the hydro pump (a longer hydraulic hose).

Good luck.

• superaben said thank you

#17 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:15 AM

I have a spare 1600 eliminator parts tractor that has a spin on type.  Will that work??

#18 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 02:56 PM

That inline filter through New Holland will cost you $117.51 + shipping. Part # is 87346701. I'd be changing to a screw-on style!

A buddy of mine works at a new holland dealer that is on my way to and from work, if you are sure the filter you are telling me will work for sure i am going to buy one.  I would rather keep it close to original if i can

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm just going off everyone else posts saying the Ford/Jake filter will work. Just posted the info to give you an idea of the cost. I haven't a clue if it WILL work!

• Sawdust said thank you

#20 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted December 30, 2014 - 12:53 AM

I will have to check in the shed when I get back home after the 1st, but I think I still have a few spares of the original Fram filter for an H-14. I will send you a PM if I do.

• Nascar3244888 said thank you

#21 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted December 30, 2014 - 02:36 PM

I will have to check in the shed when I get back home after the 1st, but I think I still have a few spares of the original Fram filter for an H-14. I will send you a PM if I do.

That would be great if you had a spare for me, i just dont want to alter the way the bolens came from the factory if I can help it

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#22 tom631 OFFLINE  

tom631

• Member No: 2099
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:45 AM

My filter also went bad on my H-14  and I was wondering if you know where I can get one ? I thought about installing a Magnetic In-Line Filter but thought the pressure might be to much for the hose clamps. 

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:53 AM

My filter also went bad on my H-14  and I was wondering if you know where I can get one ? I thought about installing a Magnetic In-Line Filter but thought the pressure might be to much for the hose clamps. 

Go to your local Ford new Holland dealer and give them this part#  87346701 They Run about $ 116 but are still available as far as I know

#24 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Think $116.00 is hyway robbery,any CO should be ashamed of themselves for even selling one at that price,I would look around for the other style that has the screw on filter,you see them on ebay from time to time,or someone here might have a parts tractor with that style they would sell,when it comes the time I have to ask those kind of prices I'm done selling,I couldn't sleep at night for sure

#25 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 07:41 PM

Think $116.00 is hyway robbery,any CO should be ashamed of themselves for even selling one at that price,I would look around for the other style that has the screw on filter,you see them on ebay from time to time,or someone here might have a parts tractor with that style they would sell,when it comes the time I have to ask those kind of prices I'm done selling,I couldn't sleep at night for sure

Problem is Dealer price is likely $100 , not the dealers fault the manufactures set the list prices so high nothing they can to.

For a slow moving item I am just glad they even still have it , not selling / manufacturing a high volume of a product  increases the cost of producing a part. I always tell my customers I would rather pay more to have them keep a part in production than to have them totally obsolete something and be stuck having to hack something together.

my 0.02

#26 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 09:22 PM

Understand dealer cost,but this is exactly why so many wind up in the scrap pile,the average guy isn't going to put $116.00 in a $300.00 tractor,it's only going yo be the guy that's a collector buying one,I don't feel that going with the other style Bolens offered is hacking the tractor IMO
  • LPBolens said thank you

#27 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 10:44 PM

Unless you can find an in-line filter at a reasonable price, my personal preference would be to get a remote filter base that accepts a commonly available spin-on filter. The only reason that my H14 still has the in-line filter? I was able to buy a couple at reasonable prices many tears ago before they disappeared from stock completely. When those are gone, I will change to a spin-on.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#28 Wolverine OFFLINE  

Wolverine

• Member No: 4138
  • 4 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 03:01 PM

I know it's a little late but I went through the same issue with my H14. I ended up getting an adapter and spin on filter locally. Can't remember the part #'s now but it worked like a charm. I relocated the filter housing and mounted it with a couple of bolts.