• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charlesben12 OFFLINE  

charlesben12

• Member No: 1941
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 04:05 AM

Would it be feasable to mount a hydraulic pump on a 2010 Craftsman GT and drive it off of the drive belt or is there a way to tap into the hydraulics on the transaxle. I have even considered a 12 volt unit like on snowplows. Any suggestions?

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Would it be feasable to mount a hydraulic pump on a 2010 Craftsman GT and drive it off of the drive belt or is there a way to tap into the hydraulics on the transaxle. I have even considered a 12 volt unit like on snowplows. Any suggestions?

I don't think you would be able to port anything off of the existing hydraulics because a lot of the newer stuff has sealed rears and you can't even add oil to them if they get low.

You could mount a pump to be driven off of a pulley, anything is possible if you have the capabilities to do some fab work. The electric hydro pump would be the quickest and probably the cheapest way.
  • charlesben12 said thank you

#3 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:31 AM

I would go with running the pump off the drive belt. Since your tractor is a hydrostatic is will have an "always running" drive belt. But it wouldnt have what we call live hydraulics. Meaning if you hit the clutch the hydro pump wont do anything.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:41 AM

Are you looking for something just to raise the deck or hitch ? My Mom's WH has an electric lift that was put on at the dealer , maybe that would work for you.