• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 09:53 PM

I say stick to your guns it's hard to work out if town all week then come home and get stuff you need to get done before you leave again . 2 days is never enough to make up for not being there for 5 she is being selfish and not taking your feeling into concederation . I mean women have the right to have a child or not and there is nothing we as men can do so we have a right to not make a donation if we don't want anymore hang in there it will get better
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#32 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,434 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 10:19 PM

get yourself "fixed"... end of discussion.  My reasoning behind getting fixed is "how many children can I afford to support if the wife kicks my ass to the curb"  My answer was 2,  30 years ago.

• oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#33 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 28, 2014 - 08:46 PM

Been married well over 30 yrs, it is a work in progress.  Give and take from each of us.  Like I said, keep her happy, you will get it back 10-fold.  As far as inlaws, mine when living where in Florida, we live in North Dakota and my wife agrees with me, that was too close... LOL.

#34 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,301 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted December 28, 2014 - 10:37 PM

get yourself "fixed"... end of discussion.  My reasoning behind getting fixed is "how many children can I afford to support if the wife kicks my ass to the curb"  My answer was 2,  30 years ago.

Have they moved out of the house yet??

#35 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 05:09 PM

Been together 30 years , married 29 this coming June.  I agree it is give and take, sometimes you give more than you get, sometimes you get more than you give. Work through the rough spots and you will be closer than before. 

#36 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,226 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 05:18 PM

She has eased off it but Told her I'll sleep with a chain around my pants for the next 30 years if I have to! She thinks I'm joking.
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#37 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 08:15 PM

All I know is if the bedroom door got locked on me the 1st night, I'd be sleeping in the garage on my own accord for at least the next few.  

#38 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 08:17 PM

Toomanytoys, I am no expert on marriage but I have been married for 20 yrs with 2 daughters(17 and 14).Im not fool enough to say its my way or no way, or that Im too stubborn to be rational. It takes two to make decisions in a successful marriage, reason it out with each other and everything will work out. No one wants to feel that he/she is not being listened to! My wife and I have had some rough patches like anyone else, including me being stabbed several times by a broken wine glass (long story) before we were married. Work it out! Whats more expensive, a broken marriage, or one more child, is another question you have to ask yourself. Im willing to bet you wouldnt go with the broken marriage.    

• FrozenInTime said thank you

#39 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 10:55 PM

I once worked with a man who with his wife had 16 kids in 16 years. One year they didn't have one then the next year they had twins.
  • MH81 and richwoodrocket have said thanks

#40 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 03:27 PM

I would not take being locked out of my own bedroom that well. I would be liable to use the chainsaw to remove it. I don't play childish games very well.

Steph wants another child. I keep telling her that I hope she and the kids father are very happy together. I have 4 kids. I don't want or need any more. I will be getting the unkind cut before too long. She doesn't like it but which is better, for her to not have a child she wants, or me to have a child I don't want.

• oldedeeres, Coventry Plumber and Jazz have said thanks

#41 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 03:53 PM

Big difference between what you want and what you think you want, and what you need and what you think you need. Time and common sense tend to level the playing field. Success may be getting what you want, but happiness is liking what you have.  O.K., enough of the O.W.O.  ( OLDE WOMAN'S OPINIONS)

• olcowhand, DougT, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#42 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,434 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 04:07 PM

Far too many men are not comfortable with getting "clipped"   When I got clipped many years ago the doctor told me there would be a surgeon teaching him a new less invasive technique which they would perform on me.  When I got to hospital my doctor asked if I would mind if there were others present to observe..I told him no problem....WELL,,they wheeled me into a operating theatre for the procedure and I kid you not there were 30 people in there to see this....you name it,,doctors, nurses,,kitchen and housekeeping staff.   I just laughed at the crowd they had assembled,,this was quite a popular event it seemed.

Most "clippings" are now done right in the doctors office with the new technique.  

Edited by Jazz, January 04, 2015 - 04:10 PM.

• richwoodrocket and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#43 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,594 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 04:43 PM

Well. Isn't he just the little showman.

#44 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,226 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 05:12 PM

Far too many men are not comfortable with getting "clipped" When I got clipped many years ago the doctor told me there would be a surgeon teaching him a new less invasive technique which they would perform on me. When I got to hospital my doctor asked if I would mind if there were others present to observe..I told him no problem....WELL,,they wheeled me into a operating theatre for the procedure and I kid you not there were 30 people in there to see this....you name it,,doctors, nurses,,kitchen and housekeeping staff. I just laughed at the crowd they had assembled,,this was quite a popular event it seemed.

Most "clippings" are now done right in the doctors office with the new technique.

I would in a second. When she was pregnant with the boy that was the deal. After he is born I can go get snipped.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#45 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Back when my second was on the way, Oprah or someone like her had a show about women who got court orders to keep their hubbies from doing the snip.  It seems that a "lenient" Judge found a husband would be in breach of contract (without a prenup specifying numbers) because while they were dating she mentioned wanting a large family.

She wanted me to watch the episode.  I told her I didn't want to have to buy a new TV.

There is not one thing in the world that would make me give up my third child.  "Short Stack" and I have a lot of fun together.

I am, however, older and wiser now.  I am making an appointment this year.  Assuming she doesnt go thru the change first.

• IamSherwood said thank you