• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 08:41 PM

After seeing the topic about lights that DH1 just replied to it reminded me of something I wanted to post about with the Bush Hog headlights. The ones on my HD-12 worked great but I noticed after our trip down to Kentucky that my left one quit working but if you tapped on it, it would flicker once in a while.

I wanted to take pics of the process and post a thread when I did it but of course like i always do I rushed through it. What is great is the socket on these lights can be taken apart. I found that the wire going to the back of the socket on mine was hanging on by a single strand of wire and when I started fiddling with it, it came completely off.

With being able to take the socket apart it made it very easy to repair. I have a decent Hako 936 soldering iron from my hobby days and used it to solder a nice new connection to the back of the socket and put it back together. Works great now and it is nice knowing it's possible. Especially until we find a source for replacement lights. Even if we could just get the lens and reflective plate would be helpful. I think I have one or two where the chrome plating is flaking.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, Alc and 4 others have said thanks