• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 07:11 PM

I have always wanted to get some sort of working display to setup at the various shows that we go to but just haven't gotten around to it. I know there are a few here that do have working displays they setup at the shows. I would like to see them and hear about them whether they are powered by one of your tractors or a stationary engine. I would really like to see a homemade ice cream setup.

• Nato77, Bob IN and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#2 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Computerized display or an actual old time equipment in action?  I bought a 21" digital video/ audio display to use @ our son's funeral.  I put both pictures and music on a Zip drive and placed it in the corner of the room and at the wake.  It works sweet and now more and more funeral homes are using something similar to that.  They are coming into the 21st century!!  

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#3 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 07:51 PM

I don't have one yet either. I have somewhat of a plan. (sorta). :loosing_it: I wana find a small belt driven feed grinder or mill of some sort and run it with my huski gardener via flat belt. I have a flat belt pulley on one of them. I thought it would be a neat set up. And it could have been one of the jobs it was sold to do. I have seen a few different set ups with the ice cream maker idea. Theres a amish guy who goes around and has a cart with two ice cream makers and a jd hit and miss engine. Or I have also seen one that was driven off a cub cadet with the rear pto. I guess its what you want. If it was me id set up a walk behind tractor with the ice cream machine up front on a solid mounted cart, and make it belt driven. Like walk behind tractor air compressors or sprayers. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Im gona steal one of Nates pictures. (That's what I wana do except with a gardener)  The other pictures is like the one at the shows around us.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-9422-0-53400200-1416274437.jpg
  • imagesCQ9TC8HQ.jpg

• Alc, Nato77 and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,699 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 08:03 PM

I would like to get something stationary to run as well but have not found anything yet, the limited shows I go to always have grass to cut so I always bring a reel mower and sickle bar to demo with.

• Alc said thank you

#5 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• Member No: 6596
  • 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 08:46 PM

We take this set up to shows.

• Gtractor, Alc, Cat385B and 2 others have said thanks

#6 Nato77 ONLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,645 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 01:05 AM

We usually have a squirrel cage fan being run by a little Briggs WMB or one of my walk behinds. Sorry no pics though.
  • Alc said thank you

#7 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,290 Thanks
  • 963 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 07:46 AM

At a local show a small homemade square baler is usually there. The bales are about 4 inches square and 6 inches long. Basically a square chamber with a plunger feeds a bit of straw in by hand and hand ties the bales.  Sells the little bales for a couple of bucks apiece for decorations. 

Used to be a John Deere MT tractor with a pto powered Ice Cream maker haven't seen him for a couple of years.

Also have seen a gas powered crosscut saw, several fans, pump jacks pumping water out of a tank, and grain mills. One show has what we call gasoline alley with the hit and miss engines sitting on stands running.

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 07:49 AM

This is one of the reasons I keep my eye open for a generator for the sears. I thought about lights or something. probably the way to get peoples attention is to power a TV with an xbox tho...
Seems the only time they show up for sale is when I'm broke or my wife is in a bad mood. :D
  • Lauber1 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,748 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 11:56 AM

Seems the only time they show up for sale is when I'm broke or my wife is in a bad mood. :D

Waiting for him to connect the dots here...............

Waiting for the light bulb to come on..........

C'mon Alan, you can do it..........
  • MH81 and IamSherwood have said thanks

#10 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 12:01 PM

I started a display once that was a rotating platform to put a Suburban on with some attachments. I finally gave it up as it was going to weight so much and be hard to handle by myself at a show.