• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted December 25, 2014 - 08:44 PM

Alan, your a breathe of fresh air.

That's CAT's littler box. We all take a day off from it on Christmas. Sorry, we will get to it ASAP tomorrow.
  • tractorgarden and LilysDad have said thanks

#17 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted December 25, 2014 - 09:08 PM

She needed to go to the bathroom and we hurried up and hid everything. She finally fell asleep again at 11:30 and we set everything up again. She woke up a couple times through the night anxiously awaiting opening presents. I think it might be the last year for us.

George, how in the world can you hide everything from a 9 year old so fast lol, yeah, I think this may be my 9 year old sons last year also because he is catching on and my MIL may have spilled the beans at lunch time!

• NUTNDUN, MH81 and tractorgarden have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 07:51 AM

I think I was 11 when I started noticing there weren't. any sleigh tracks in the snow. That finished for me!

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hands over ears ( La La La La La)

There is too a Santa!

• olcowhand, JDBrian and Lauber1 have said thanks

#20 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 09:24 AM

My oldest daughter keeps it going for the youngest. Either that, or the two yahoos are in cahoots and milking us for all its worth.

• MH81, GTTinkerer, IamSherwood and 2 others have said thanks

#21 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 09:43 AM

I don't remember how old my oldest daughter was when she came home from school and asked if Santa actually existed.  She heard kids on the bus and in school talking so she figured she would ask.  I looked her straight on and said, yes, Santa does exist.  I went on to tell her that as far as the fat man in the red suit was concerned, that was just a symbol that has come to be known as Santa.  Something tangible that let's you see the giving spirit that lives in everyone.  I told her that every time you give a gift, you're Santa and that Santa was more the desire of the heart to do something good for or give a gift to someone you love which all evolved from the greatest gift ever given, the birth of the Christ Child or the gift of salvation.  She was satisfied with that.

As far as humbug is concerned, I have to agree that the holiday has become stressful and commercialized.  Shame on mankind for letting this happen.  I'm as guilty as anyone for letting all of this get under my skin.  I have to conclude before I get in trouble so I'll just say this.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Edited by David Brown, December 26, 2014 - 09:54 AM.

• NUTNDUN, Alc, GTTinkerer and 4 others have said thanks

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 10:24 AM

I often tell my wife I don't understand the whole exchanging of presents. Everyone ends up spending equal amounts. Why not have less stress by not buying anything and just enjoying the time you get to spend with your loved ones and celebrate the reason for the season.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, Lauber1 and 3 others have said thanks

#23 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,239 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'm glad it's over. I told my wife next there is a limit on what people are buying for the kids. The bed of my truck was full.

The boy is 5 months old and he got 20 or 30 presents from great aunt great grandmother and 2 grandmothers.

He played with the paper. We could of used diapers and clothes for him since he is growing faster than we can buy clothes.

We bought him 2 presents, and clothes.

5 year old got 2 bigger presents(frozen chair and table for her to do her home work and a set of baby dolls) and clothes.

Edited by toomanytoys84, December 26, 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#24 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 10:54 AM

As long as folks continue. To feel guilty and compensate for bad parenting, nothing will change.
  • IamSherwood and David Brown have said thanks

#25 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 12:01 PM

I think I was 11 when I started noticing there weren't. any sleigh tracks in the snow. That finished for me!

Don't you know anything... the sleigh doesn't land on the lawn, he sets it down right on the roof! Time to start believing again.

#26 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 01:04 PM

I told my wife next there is a limit on what people are buying for the kids. The bed of my truck was full.

Didn't someone here suggest a longbox? Hmmmm?

:firejumper:  :rolling:

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#27 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 05:12 PM

I often tell my wife I don't understand the whole exchanging of presents. Everyone ends up spending equal amounts. Why not have less stress by not buying anything and just enjoying the time you get to spend with your loved ones and celebrate the reason for the season.

Wife and I have not bought each other presents in years.  If we want something throughout the year we usually just go and get it.  Our attention is focused on our daughter and giving her a good Christmas.  She knows the real reason for the holiday but we do give her a few more presents than she needs to open.

#28 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 06:26 PM

I told my mother in law about having the roof shingles repaired after a windstorm . She talked about her roof missing some shingles > We ate some ham at the table and discussed neighborhood grumps .

Then the guys all fell asleep and the gals took over . Great day.

#29 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 26, 2014 - 09:35 PM

I don't remember how old my oldest daughter was when she came home from school and asked if Santa actually existed.  She heard kids on the bus and in school talking so she figured she would ask.  I looked her straight on and said, yes, Santa does exist.  I went on to tell her that as far as the fat man in the red suit was concerned, that was just a symbol that has come to be known as Santa.  Something tangible that let's you see the giving spirit that lives in everyone.  I told her that every time you give a gift, you're Santa and that Santa was more the desire of the heart to do something good for or give a gift to someone you love which all evolved from the greatest gift ever given, the birth of the Christ Child or the gift of salvation.  She was satisfied with that.

:ditto:  Yeah that's what I was trying to say!!

#30 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 10:47 PM

i saw pics of my very young grand children absolutely ecstatic.  My son made the 1500 mile trek to BC and the kids were playing in the empty box we had filled with baking and homemade canned goods...