Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 12:00 AM

what is the big deal about so many people talking about wanting to convert to foot control ??

I have run a couple of newer style machines with it and I didn't like them. (these newer machines being a Crapsman and a Husqavarna owned by 2 of my neighbors)

Well, after having owned 2 Cub Cadet Narrow Frames, aCub Cadet 1861, a JD 420, and a Case 444--all with lever travel control, and also having owned a Bolens 1886, HT23, and Kubota B7100--all with foot control, I find I like the foot control better--especially if using a Front End Loader as the Good Lord didn't see fit to give me three arms and hands, and sometimes you need that to work the forward control, loader lever(s), and steering wheel (esp. if manual steering).

Just my opinion, your results may vary...

Smitty

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#17 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 05:24 AM

I don't think the perfect GT has been built because we all have different options on what perfect is. I also don't see that need for a foot control even when using a loader on a tractor.

Have ran several loader tractors over the year and none had a foot control and all worked very well.

:D   Al

• shorty said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ariens